Backend Team Lead
ORGANIZATION: DEV LAUNCHERS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Importance of The Role
Dev Launchers is building the platform that helps people from diverse backgrounds transition into a technical career. As the backend team lead, you will lead architectural designs and mentor a team of developers.
We use https://strapi.io/ as our API service and Postgres database to support multiple frontend projects. Currently the team has a product manager and 3 developers.
What You Will Do
- Partner with the product manager to build new features
- Recruit and mentor team members
- Work with the Platform Enablement team to make it easy for frontend teams to test API integrations
- Be the driver of technical decisions
- Collaborate with other project teams
What You Will Learn
- Mentor and manage a team
- Collaborate with people around the world
- Deliver high quality software
Who You are
- Few years of software development experience
- Comfortable with making autonomous decisions
- Excellent communicator
- Curious to identity new problems and propose solutions
- Familiar with front-end technologies, such as HTML, CSS and React
- Familiar with backend technologies, such as REST API and Postgres
- Experience with Agile development methodology
About The Organization
Dev Launchers is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to preparing people from diverse backgrounds to tackle future-proof careers. We are made up of people just like you.
Dev Launchers facilitates ambitious open-source software projects, along with other projects centered around communities and products. We use those same projects to train our members in skills in the realm of software, leadership, community management, product development, marketing, and anything else that may be required to launch real-world products.
We are dedicated to preparing our members for success!
About DEV LAUNCHERS
N/A, AUSTIN, TX 78741, US
To bridge opportunity gaps through technology and education.
Dev Launchers is a nonprofit organization focused on helping people from diverse communities get involved in the tech industry!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 24, 2023
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
- 10-15 hours a week