Front Desk Volunteers Needed! Come help save lives with Vitalant at Eastside El Paso
ORGANIZATION: Vitalant Texas
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help us brighten lives by providing a positive, rewarding experience for donors!
Our organization focuses on providing life-saving blood products to our communities’ hospitals to serve local patients that are undergoing various treatments.
Available Dates and Times.MONDAY 8:30-6:30PM
we can break this into shifts depending on your availability.
Blood Drive Volunteer Role Description
The Blood Drive Volunteer will help to ensure that blood donors have an exceptional experience in a clean environment from the moment they arrive until the time they leave.
- Welcome and check-in donors
- Provide courteous and friendly communication and assistance to donors and staff
- Explain the donation process as necessary and answer any questions donors may have
- Assist with set up and help maintain cleanliness in Reception and Canteen/Hospitality areas
- Restock canteen/hospitality area and encourage donors to re-hydrate after donation procedure
- When applicable, may assist staff with reminder/cancellation calls, assist in re-scheduling donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Must be 16 or older
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation
- Reliable transportation
- Commit to at least 40 hours per calendar year
- Virtual Vitalant Volunteer Orientation/ Training
Please contact me with any questions.
Volunteer Services Coordinator
- morning / 08:30 AM to 11:45 AM
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 04:45 PM
- evening / 05:00 PM to 06:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Vitalant Texas
424 S. Mesa Hills Drive, El Paso, TX 79912, US
Vitalant exists to make a difference in people's lives by bringing together the best people, inspiring individuals to donate blood, producing a safe and ample blood supply, advancing cutting-edge research and embracing continuous quality improvement.
Vitalant ("Vye-TAL-ent") is the nation’s largest independent, nonprofit blood services provider exclusively focused on providing lifesaving blood and comprehensive transfusion medicine services for about 900 hospitals and their patients across the U.S. Every day, Vitalant needs to collect about 5,300 blood, platelet and plasma donations to help save lives. For more information and to schedule a donation appointment, visit vitalant.org or call 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825).
We can't make this happen without the support of our volunteers!
1338 N Zaragosa RdEl Paso, TX 79936
January 25, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training