39 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
39 people are interested
The Carboncopies Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides support to scientists working on challenges critical to whole brain emulation (WBE).
We believe that the possibilities and opportunities afforded by WBE represent the most promising technological path to overcoming our fundamental limitations as a species and as individuals.
The volunteers who donate their time are the driving force of the Carboncopies Foundation. We are always looking for more people to join our team - and you don’t need to have an advanced degree to make an important contribution.
*This is a REMOTE Volunteer position*
As a Publishing Assistant, you will organize databases and necessary materials for internal and external use, support efforts to develop a monthly newsletter, podcast series, and video content.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Coordinate with the Chief Education Officer and Publishing Lead to organize tasks and set milestones; may also coordinate with the Communications Department.
- Support creation of an internal Whole Brain Emulation Library and an outreach database.
- Ensure monthly publication of a high quality newsletter.
- Support organization of Google Drive folders.
- Support organization and forward movement of all content-creation projects.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant news and research related to Whole Brain Emulation.
- Participate in regular meetings and add input to improve workflow or improve or expand Publishing efforts as needed.
- Writing and editing experience
- Experience with GoogleSuite and Trello
- Experience with CiviCRM a plus
- 1 hour weekly team meeting
- Approximately 8 - 10 hours / week
- At least 3 months
About Carboncopies Foundation for Substrate Independent Minds INC
2443 FILLMORE ST 380-6190, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94115, US
The Carboncopies Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides support to scientists working on challenges critical to whole brain emulation (WBE). We believe that the possibilities and opportunities afforded by WBE represent the most promising technological path to overcoming our fundamental limitations as a species and as individuals.
To promote and accelerate the whole brain emulation, our foundation is focused on:
Encouraging scientific collaboration to create stepping-stone technologies
Publishing reviews of scientific literature and technology developments
Maintaining R&D roadmaps to identify and address scientific and engineering challenges
Increasing general awareness of the human adaptability gap and the possibility that neural prosthesis, whole brain emulation and substrate-independent mind may offer solutions
Hosting conferences or workshops, and providing informational material
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 9, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Orientation or Training