47 people are interested
LIFTED SPIRITS VOLUNTEERS: Wednesdays & Fridays
ORGANIZATION: Front Door Communities
Please visit the new page to apply.
47 people are interested
In need of volunteers from 10:45am-1:15pm on Wednesdays and/or Fridays to assist our unhoused women living on the streets, in shelters, in their cars, in low-income housing, etc by distributing hygiene kits, clothing and a meal to each woman that is in need of these essential items. If you are available only on Wednesdays or only on Fridays, we'll take it! If you are available on both Wednesday AND Friday, we'll take that too. Any help we can get is much appreciated!
* Must be willing to volunteer at least 2 times per week (10:45am-1:15pm)
* Help with 1 of 3 stations with the help of other volunteers: 1) Hygiene, 2) Clothing, 3) Lunch Bag
* Ability to be on your feet for most of the time
* Ability to work well with at-risk and unhoused adults
* Help organize our Housed Women's event the first Wednesday of each month
* Professional appearance
* Experience working with other volunteers preferred
* Ability to communicate with and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles
* Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- 10:45 AM to 01:15 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Front Door Communities
405 S 10th Street, San Jose, CA 95112, US
HELPING NEIGHBORS IN NEED
Front Door Communities provides essential services to unhoused men and women in our community. We serve some of the most vulnerable, including seniors and vets, living in downtown San Jose. We believe in treating everyone with warmth and compassion.
Our lunch bag program serves clients three mornings a week. We offer breakfast burritos, along with a bag lunch, new socks, shaving kits, clothing, and other essential hygiene items. Clients receive these items at the front door and then move on from the premises.
Before the pandemic, we were also a drop-in center for unhoused women three afternoons a week. Our Lifted Spirits program offers women respite from the streets, and a quiet place to rest, enjoy a meal and use a computer. In addition, our signature boutique provides women with a choice of clothing, adding the normalcy of the shopping experience but at no cost. We modified our program this year so that we could provide some of our valued services to women in need while minimizing the risk of spreading the virus.
405 S 10th StreetSan Jose, CA 95112
August 15, 2023
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training