17 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: FOREVER HOMES FOR FOSTER KIDS
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Welcome to Forever Homes for Foster Kids. For 25 years, our non-profit has specialized in locating the relatives of migrant and U.S. foster children. Our work reunites children with their families and gets them out of foster care and on to a better, brighter future.
We are looking for someone with experience in management, marketing and strategy to work with our founder to grow this nonprofit to the next level. Our work is first-class. We now want to increase our reach and impact. We are looking for someone with experience with government contracts and managerial experience to oversee and enhance our existing programs with volunteers. iYou are a self-starter who looks for opportunities to develop and improve the work. You talk with respect to people. You want to do something that will positively impact the lives of foster children. This is not an entry level position. You already know what you are doing and want to use that expertise. This will involve remote work.
* Manage ongoing projects
* Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
* Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
* Resolve administrative issues
* Oversee team members and volunteers to manage and update procedures
* Proven admin and managerial experience
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
* Proficient in Google docs.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Strategic thinking
* Ability to take a project, oversee the personnel and move the project to a successful completion.
* Knowledge of office management systems and procedures is a PLUS.
You will be working closely with our founder to analyze the organization, looking for areas to improve to higher effectiveness. Our main focus is on running a tight ship so we can do our best for as many foster children as possible.
Check out information about Forever Homes for Foster Kids and our founder, Richard Villasana, at https://www.vcstar.com/story/opinion/columnists/2019/01/06/guardian-angel-border/2477474002/. This link goes to some of our success stories about how a child’s life was impacted by being reunited with kin. https://foreverhomesforfosterkids.org/success-stories
As we are a nonprofit and time is valuable, please be professional. Be ready and willing to email or call back when we respond to your inquiry.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
Founder, Forever Homes for Foster Kids
About FOREVER HOMES FOR FOSTER KIDS
9450 Mira Mesa Blvd, Ste C520, San Diego, CA 92126, US
To make a positive, lasting impact on the lives of foster children.
Forever Homes for Foster Kids believes that all U.S. foster children deserve to live happy, healthy lives in a permanent home. By locating foster children's family members, we become the primary method to move these kids out of foster care and into forever homes. For nearly 30 years, our organization has worked with government agencies across the country to find families for immigrant and foster children to create a permanent, forever home.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 5, 2023
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Strategic Planning
- Child Advocacy
- Public Advocacy
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Must be at least 35
- This work requires a total of six hours per week. The days can be flexible week to week but the week's days and time will be set for scheduling time with our founder.