3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Libertas Home
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Interested in distribution? Would you like to help your community?
About Our Organization
Libertas Home is a growing nonprofit based in Northern Virginia. We are dedicated to seeing the eradication of modern day slavery. Our goal is to provide a safe home in Northern Virginia for girls who are survivors of sex trafficking to enable them to create a new life for themselves. https://libertashome.org/
Libertas Home is seeking a dedicated, responsible Distribution Volunteer to help spread the word about Libertas Home in the DMV (DC, Maryland, and Virginia) area. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role is an exciting opportunity for a DMV-based individual who would like to develop grassroots relationships with local businesses and help build the Libertas Home brand in the DMV area.
We are looking for dedicated individuals to add to our team who can commit to minimum 6 months of service, with very flexible hours (minimum 2 hrs/week).
Requirements for Volunteers
- Support of our values. We believe in honesty, integrity, compassion, grace, and supporting each other.
- Support of our vision to end trafficking. We are not in this to make a career, but to help others. The goal is to end trafficking.
- Support of our prevention programs. We believe that preventing child sexual abuse and sex trafficking starts by fostering healthy families, helping vulnerable children gain self-worth, and cutting off the demand of pornography.
Volunteer Commitment Expectations:
- Can commit 2+ hr/week to volunteer, for minimum 6 months
- Short weekly meeting with Marketing Director (virtual).
- Collaboration with other teammates via Slack/email, as needed
- Distribute promotional materials for Libertas Home in local businesses, venues, and churches
- Gather and organize local advertising/sponsorship opportunities (radio, magazines, bulletin boards, etc), in collaboration with the Partner Marketing Manager
- Help handle physical mailings to donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders as needed
- Develop local distribution strategy for campaigns as desired
- Organized, motivated, and self-starting
- Passionate and knowledgeable about DMV businesses and communities
- Able and willing to drive in the DMV area to distribute physical materials.
- Some experience with advertising strategy preferred, but not required
About Libertas Home
P.O. Box 6117, Arlington, VA 22206, US
Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered safe home for girls who are survivors of trafficking and to provide Biblical resources to strengthen the families in our community.
Our vision is to see survivors in our home thrive in creating a new life for themselves and to see the end of sexual exploitation in the DC/MD/VA area.
It is our vision to see our community actively investing in children’s lives through parenting, mentoring, fostering, and adopting. We believe that every child deserves good parents, a happy childhood, and a loving home.
It is our vision to see our community actively protecting children from predators, both in person and online. We believe that those who are able to identify evil are more likely to be able to prevent it.
It is our vision is to see families and trafficking victims free from the devastating effects of pornography. We believe that true societal growth can only be achieved when men protect women and children.
OUR VALUES: Compassionate, Comprehensive, Community-Oriented, Coordinated, Christ-centered.
Multiple locations Warrenton, VA 20186
October 11, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months. Weekly meetings with the Marketing Director(1:1)