7 people are interested
Physics & Algebra 2 Tutor (Immediate Hire)
ORGANIZATION: BGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
**PREFERRED AVAILABILITY: 4:30-7p Wed-Fri most weeks; Some weeks Mon-Fri 4:30-7p; However, every week, tutoring will only occur 3 days a week for 2 hours each. Tutor may pick which days work.
**Tutors may be located in any US state - this is a remote position**
To apply, there are 3 STEPS: email resume, complete an application at BGCMe.org/jobs AND call (732) 707-7336 for immediate consideration. Direct link to application: https://forms.gle/9AQLpbJkBUSsuHbz6
BGCM is seeking a Physics & Algebra 2 Tutor tutor to provide virtual instruction and subject matter expertise. This opportunity is directly addressing the impacts of COVID-19 that students have experienced as a result of inadequate support from teachers.
Teaching/Tutoring, 1 year (preferred)
Enrolled in bachelor's degree program or bachelor's degree obtained (preferred)
- Straight A student preferred for high school applicants
- Familiarity with virtual learning platforms.
- Engage with students in a friendly and professional manner requesting information about the course, activity, and/or specific content so they can quickly serve the student’s needs.
- Respond to student questions in a positive, supportive manner, giving as detailed explanations as possible.
- Guide the student through content and/or process to find answers to math questions.
- Be vigilant to signs the student is asking for help on, regarding assessment (quizzes and test) questions and setting the expectation with students that tutors will help clarify what the assessment questions are asking, provide parallel problems, or guide the student back to course content.
- Provide brief written summary/progress report to parents and students after each session has concluded
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dates: September - December
- Schedule: 4:30-7p Wed-Fri most weeks; Some weeks Mon-Fri 4:30-7p; However, every week, tutoring will only occur 3 days a week for 2 hours each. Tutor may pick which days work.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Adheres to the professional teaching obligations and be a subject matter expert in secondary mathematics.
- Fosters a positive and motivating environment for students.
- Provide student feedback in a manner that supports learning.
- Actively listens and delivers information in a clear, compelling and concise manner.
- Attention to detail when typing with minimal spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Ability to multitask between multiple windows, students, and courses.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree program is preferred. High school candidates may be considered.
- Minimum of one year experience tutoring secondary mathematics
- Teaching license is a plus
- Strong technical expertise. Must be familiar with using a computer and have experience with Zoom and Google Meets
About BGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
129 N County Line Road #235, Jackson, NJ 08527, US
To nurture young people and families by reinforcing Christian principles that emphasize that they have been emphatically chosen by God to do magnificent things; provide services, programs, and activities that build positive self-worth and foster respect, integrity, and stewardship; offer youth from Maine to North Carolina, an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
BGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! Located in the heart of Jackson, NJ, we specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities, while promoting integrity and stewardship, and offering, to youth in our surrounding states from Maine to North Carolina, an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 24, 2023
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 4:30-7p Wed-Fri most weeks; Some weeks Mon-Fri 4:30-7p; However, every week, tutoring will only occur 3 days a week for 2 hours each. Tutor may pick which days work best with their schedules.
- For high school student candidates, only mature teenagers will be considered.