LavaLove (Warehouse Runners)
ORGANIZATION: POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
Objective/ Description: Run errands to the local warehouse to replenish supplies needed at the site
- Pick up and drop off supplies (clothing, hygiene kit products, ext.)
- At least 17 years of age
- Must have a vehicle
- Driver’s License (for drivers)
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
LavaLove(r), a 29’ customized all-weather, 3-unit shower-toilet mobile hygiene trailer provides full services to sheltered and unsheltered homeless guests, restoring dignity in those overlooked solely based on their current housing status, bringing visibility to those "invisible" within the community. LavaLove(r) will provide over 8,000 showers per yeardelivering access to clean water and hot showers. We will rapidly expand providing shower trailers in Morristown, NJ (Morris County), Newark, NJ (Essex County), New York City, NY, Paterson, NJ (Passaic County), Phillipsburg, NJ (Warren County), Trenton, NJ (Mercer County), and Atlantic City, NJ (Atlantic County). As we grow support of additional partners and legislators, we will roll out additional trailer deployments to cover every county in New Jersey and New York.
Click here to apply: Tinyurl.com/LavaLoveVolunteer
08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
403 WELSH PL, MORRIS PLAINS, NJ 07950, US
POWER's (People Organized Working Evolving Reaching) mission is to give low-income, minority, and underserved communities the capacity to build and thrive, eliminating disparities in aging, education, finance, food insecurity, health, housing wellness, and social justice and reform.
POWER(r) has several initiatives to directly address disparities in low-income, minority, and underserved communities throughout the United States:
- Senior Connect(r): providing pre-programmed Kindle Fire 7 tablets with life-saving technology to those ages 65+ to reduce COVID-19 related deaths.
- iPlay(r): providing free instruments and virtual lessons to LIMU K-12 students.
- iLearn(r): providing free virtual tutoring and educational support to LIMU K-12 students.
- iAmArt(r): providing free art instruction and therapy to combat COVID-fatigue experienced by K-12 remote learners.
- The Crimson Project: providing free legal services for low-level offense expungement.
- Project F.E.E.D(r): Addressing food insecurity by providing USDA and pre-packaged food boxes at drive-thru and pop up food distribution sites
- Project Warmth(r): Providing free pop-up tents, clothing and toiletries to homeless clients.
- Lava Love(r): Mobile shower units providing clean water, showers clothing and barbering services to homeless clients.
336 Oakwood AvenueOrangeCity of Orange, NJ 07050
September 15, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17