POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
- Children & Youth
- Disaster Relief
- Homeless & Housing
Location403 WELSH PLMORRIS PLAINS, NJ 07950 United States
POWER's (People Organized Working Evolving Reaching) mission is to give low-income, minority, and underserved communities the capacity to build and thrive, eliminating disparities in aging, education, finance, food insecurity, health, housing wellness, and social justice and reform.
POWER(r) has several initiatives to directly address disparities in low-income, minority, and underserved communities throughout the United States:
- Senior Connect(r): providing pre-programmed Kindle Fire 7 tablets with life-saving technology to those ages 65+ to reduce COVID-19 related deaths.
- iPlay(r): providing free instruments and virtual lessons to LIMU K-12 students.
- iLearn(r): providing free virtual tutoring and educational support to LIMU K-12 students.
- iAmArt(r): providing free art instruction and therapy to combat COVID-fatigue experienced by K-12 remote learners.
- The Crimson Project: providing free legal services for low-level offense expungement.
- Project F.E.E.D(r): Addressing food insecurity by providing USDA and pre-packaged food boxes at drive-thru and pop up food distribution sites
- Project Warmth(r): Providing free pop-up tents, clothing and toiletries to homeless clients.
- Lava Love(r): Mobile shower units providing clean water, showers clothing and barbering services to homeless clients.