Howard Area Family Center Volunteer Classroom Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Howard Area Community Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
Howard Area Family Center Classroom Volunteer Position Description
Classroom Volunteer Duties:
Classroom Volunteers assist with daily activities in our classrooms for children 6 weeks to 5 years old. Specific tasks and activities include:
- Interacting, playing, and engaging with the children.
- Supporting the interaction of a child with other children using toys, art supplies, and participation in classroom activities.
- Assisting the children with hand-washing, preparing for meal times.
- Assisting the classroom teacher and teacher assistant with transitions between different segments of the class.
- Helping to supervise the children and keep them safe.
Classroom volunteers always operate under the supervision and guidance of HAFC teachers and teacher assistants.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Howard Area Family Center and enthusiasm for working with children. No prior childcare experience is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with HAFC staff, parents and children.
- Good awareness of body in space and ability to transition quickly from sitting to standing positions.
- Must be at least 13 years of age
All classroom volunteers will report to the Building Manager.
All volunteers will be required to sign in and out every time that they come to the Center and inform the Building Manager of their departure.
If you are interested, please complete the volunteer application at:
For questions, please contact email@example.com or call
773-262-66622 ex 106.
About Howard Area Community Center
7648 N. Paulina, Chicago, IL 60626, US
The mission of Howard Area Community Center is to assist low-income individuals and families in the greater Rogers Park and adjacent communities to stabilize their lives and to develop the social skills necessary to become effective community members
Howard Area Community Center (HACC) is a social service agency that provides free education, employment, and health assistance programs for the greater Rogers Park area. Many of HACC’s services are life-sustaining. Individuals and families set their own goals, and HACC is here to lend a helping hand along their journey to success.
7510 North Ashland AvenueChicago, IL 60626
September 13, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- We do not have a time commitment, but due to the lengthy background check, regular volunteers are appreciated.