DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Director of Finance and Fundraising
ORGANIZATION: SAFE HAVEN SPACE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Board of Directors Purpose The Board of Directors are responsible for steering the organization forward, fundraising, and ensuring the nonprofit has the resources it needs. This may be done by attending networking events and making valuable connections. Members will also be responsible for the oversight, insight, and foresight of the corporation. Lastly, the Board will serve as volunteers without compensation.
Time Frame Each board member shall serve a one to a two-year term on the Board
Meeting Time Board meetings will be held once a month and the wider staff will also hold meeting every two weeks
Director of Finance and Fundraising (accounting and development)
The Director of Finance and Fundraising will be responsible for defining the process and implementing the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to 10 years. They will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information technology (IT), human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure. In partnership with the Executive Director (ED), will spearhead development efforts as Safe Haven Space Nonprofit continues to grow. They will also be responsible for running special fundraising events.
- Develop and execute Safe Haven Space’s annual fundraising plan and budget, to be approved by the Board
- The proposed budget shall be presented for discussion at the meeting prior to the annual meeting/ monthly meeting. The budget shall be approved at the meeting.
- Prepare the monthly financial reports to the Board, receive and make deposits, and make disbursements up to $1,000. Disbursements over $1,000 require the co-signature of the Board President.
- At the end of the term, deliver to the successor all books, monies, and other property of the Corporation then in his or her possession.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Manage the implementation of strategic planning and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing coordination and execution of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of committee
- Communicate effectively with team members and the board of directors
- Attend all workshops and meetings needed to fulfill this position
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in the field of treasury, finances, business and management
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Safe Haven Space’s mission.
3 More opportunities with SAFE HAVEN SPACE
About SAFE HAVEN SPACE
11797 Valley Ridge Circle, FAIRFAX, VA 22033, US
Safe Haven Space is committed to offering mental health and well-being programs and education to refugee students and their families.
Mental health has a harmful stigma prevalent in many communities around the world, especially among the refugee population. After being forced out of their original communities, it becomes harder for refugee students to function in both school and life settings without healing from the trauma that many encounter before, during, and after their transition to the United States of America. Our number one goal is to educate refugee students and families on the importance of well-being and mental health as well as provide mental health services to assist students in becoming self-confident so they can integrate into American society successfully. We will do this by teaching students what psychological well-being looks like, the different ways it can affect the human body, and the consequences when young people do not get the mental health care they need. We will work with students’ families to break the stigma that is commonly held in refugee households, encouraging unity within the family by offering them ways to practice and incorporate a variety of psychological fitness exercises.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 21, 2023
- Financial Planning
- Mental Health
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours a week
- BA (required), MA (a plus) in Business, Management, or Finance