Adoption Event Volunteer - IN
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
Description: Adoption event volunteers are key to spreading the word about adoption, volunteering and fostering at our events. Event volunteers are crucial for the success of an event. They help the event run smoothly and ensure that every attendee has a wonderful experience. At our adoption events you get to shine a bright light on our dogs to potential adopters and help them move towards a better life.
- Reports To: Adoption Events Coordinator.
- Location(s): PetSmart locations and various community locations in the Indianapolis area
- Schedule: Weekends, typically during the day
- Time Commitment: Approx. 4-5 hours on weekends. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role.
1) Pet Handling:
- Able to handle dogs safely-with patience and gentleness.
- Provide essential playtime, care, socialization for our event friends.
- Must demonstrate physical ability to maintain control of dogs.
- Provide breaks for the dogs via dog walking throughout the day.
2) Event set up and break down:
- Assist with setting up crates, tables and any other materials needed.
- Ensure that each animal has a "kennel card" or biographical information attached to its crate.
- Make sure that the event area is kept clean and neat throughout the duration of the event.
- Completely break down the event at the end of the day, ensuring the event is left neat and clean.
- Answer questions from the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Promote volunteering, adopting and fostering with Louie’s Legacy. All applications can be found on our website - https://www.louieslegacy.org .
- Communicate effectively with other event volunteers and if any issue arises escalate to the adoption event coordinator
- Ensure that you know all LLAR’s policies and procedures for animal handling.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- Willing to learn about animal behavior and a variety of situations an adopter may encounter?
- An excellent communicator?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high pressure situations?
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
- Extremely organized?
- Willing to gain a deep understanding of the adoption process?
- We prefer that you foster and/or adopt with our rescue.
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- be over 18 years old.
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
Multiple locations Indianapolis, IN 46201
September 8, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- People 55+
- 4-5 hours per week. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role.