DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Director of Operations
ORGANIZATION: SAFE HAVEN SPACE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Board of Directors' Purpose The Board of Directors are responsible for steering the organization forward, fundraising, and ensuring the nonprofit has the resources it needs. This may be done by attending networking events and making valuable connections. Members will also be responsible for the oversight, insight, and foresight of the corporation. Lastly, the Board will serve as volunteers without compensation.
Time Frame Each board member shall serve a two-year term on the Board
Meeting Time Board meetings will be held once a month and DOF will also attend members meeting every two weeks
Director of OperationsThe Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization and its members. They ensure it runs efficiently and that all team members have what they need ( supplies and resources) needed to perform their duties and a safe and supportive work environment. The director of operations also coordinates communications and information flow among and between Safe Haven Space Board members, Executive Management, and team members. This position will be working with the Executive Director/CEO
- Make Sure the Organization fulfills legal obligations.
- Improve the Organization's public standing
- Establish a policy-based governance system
- Oversees all operational and administrative functions
- Works with individual department heads to monitor their work,
- Performs Chair responsibilities when the Chair cannot be available
- Ensure the organization meets it staffing needs, may make final call for hiring
- Manages the day-to-day marketing and communications, via volunteer management
- Manage financial documents
- Responsible for recording and distributing minutes of meetings. Ensure that proper notice is given for meetings,
- Support the board of directors and the governance committee: managing communications, scheduling, meeting logistics; taking minutes at meetings, answering emails, and directing them to relevant members and staff
- Provide general support to the CEO, such as scheduling meetings and responding to inquiries.
- Maintains records of the board and ensures effective management of the organization’s records
- Oversee grant management to ensure that (a) accurate, timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with grant requirements; and (b) grant applications and reports and thank-you notes are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- Managing contracts, agreements and legal documents (articles, by-laws, IRS letters, etc.)
- Assume responsibilities of the chair in the absence of the board chair, chair-elect, and vice chair.
- Train and oversee interns and committees
- Develop annual goals and action plans in alignment with Safe Haven Space's strategic plan
- BA (required), MA (a plus) Business or Accounting degree mandatory,
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in management, organization roles ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, Safe Haven Space Nonprofit’s board of directors, and team members
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for Safe Haven Space’s mission
About SAFE HAVEN SPACE
12670 Marcum Ct, FAIRFAX, VA 22033, US
Safe Haven Space is committed to offering mental health and well-being programs and education to refugee students and their families.
Mental health has a harmful stigma prevalent in many communities around the world, especially among the refugee population. After being forced out of their original communities, it becomes harder for refugee students to function in both school and life settings without healing from the trauma that many encounter before, during, and after their transition to the United States of America. Our number one goal is to educate refugee students and families on the importance of well-being and mental health as well as provide mental health services to assist students in becoming self-confident so they can integrate into American society successfully. We will do this by teaching students what psychological well-being looks like, the different ways it can affect the human body, and the consequences when young people do not get the mental health care they need. We will work with students’ families to break the stigma that is commonly held in refugee households, encouraging unity within the family by offering them ways to practice and incorporate a variety of psychological fitness exercises.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 29, 2022
- Office Management
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours a week
- BA (required), MA (a plus) Business or Accounting degree mandatory