Career & Business Lead Editor
ORGANIZATION: Dweebs Global
Please visit the new page to apply.
Led by a diverse team, the DG Sentinel has already attracted world-class writers and editors. Initial sections will focus on mental health, career development, education, lifestyle and health, relationships, politics, and fiction, plus a once a week feature on people doing good in the world.
Thank you for joining us as we unite people through stories of authentic experiences, inspire compassion and philanthropy around the globe, and provide a voice to minorities often forgotten.
The DG Sentinel will be heavily supported by Dweebs Global, a successful free mentorship nonprofit operating in over 35 countries, with on-the-ground teams in Sierra Leone, Nigeria, India, Colombia, and the United States.The Role
We are looking for an experienced, skilled and passionate individual to join us as an Lead Editor in our Fiction Department with The Sentinel.
This department would focus on;
- Resume building/interviews/job search advice
- Deciding on a career + on-the-job stories + field experiences
- Entrepreneurship and startup culture tips
- Financial tips
- Anti-hustle culture section
This position will be responsible for:
- Recruit contributing writers for the department
- Reviewing story or articles
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Empowering the teams and onboarding new team members
- Providing leadership and support to the team
- Determining the most appropriate internal communications strategy for the team, and
We are looking for a passionate and reliable individual who has experience in the following:
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Previous editorial experience
- Creating a positive culture towards volunteer engagement
- Proven experience building and retaining teams among diverse groups in skills
- Leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage a team
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
About Dweebs Global
8 THE GREEN STE A, DOVER, DE 19901, US
Dweebs Global exists to make the world a better place by increasing happiness and decreasing suffering and pain. We unite good people from every corner of the planet to provide free mentorship, brainstorm solutions to today’s most pressing problems, and work together to fix world crises. We offer advice tailored for you all for free. Our mentors work hard to contribute actually useful informational content to our website. We host webinars and post "no nonsense" videos to our YouTube channel. Our mentorship pairs you with a mentor in your field who can provide tailored expertise. We’ve edited hundreds of resumes, interacted with thousands of mentees, and are always here to answer your questions. Dweebs support is unique because our services are 100% free. We don’t do sponsorships, we don’t accept money for endorsements, and we provide advice that we truly believe will help you succeed!
Dweebs Global is a volunteer run international movement that provides free mentorship in everything from career support to mental health. We have attracted over 800 professionals from all around the world who are willing to use their time and knowledge to help. They also contribute to various social impact projects including open-source programming, educational YouTube content, and informational articles published on our website. In a few months since starting as a response to the COVID-19 economic downturn, our non-profit has helped hundreds of people and even secured jobs. We believe that everyone no matter what they do, how old they are, or where they live, has some expertise to share and that can help someone out there. We hope you will join us.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2022
- We ask for 6 hours per week and we do ask for a minimum 12 months commitment and we can be flexible on time. Many of our current team work full-time and volunteer in the evenings.
- This is a virtual opportunity and you will need your own device and an internet connection.