26 people are interested
Emergency Department Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: AdventHealth Bolingbrook
Please visit the new page to apply.
26 people are interested
Under the supervision of security, registration, and triage nurse, the emergency department front desk volunteer will be responsible for greeting and helping patients and guests upon entry to the Emergency Department
The purpose of this position is to assist all guests and patients upon entry
- The Emergency Department is an ever-changing environment. Volunteers should have the ability to think quickly and act with patience and compassion
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service is required
- Must be dependable
- Be at least 18 years old
- Volunteer alerts security officer on duty and triage nurse of their arrival
- Volunteer cleans front desk and phone with appropriate cleaning wipes (gloves are required)
- Greet and help patients and visitors upon entry
- Alert triage nurse/ patient access team of patient’s arrival
- Escort patients and/or visitors to their appropriate destination
- Monitor activity in waiting area and front entry area; Alert appropriate ABH team members if assistance is needed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- morning / 08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- evening / 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About AdventHealth Bolingbrook
500 Remington Blvd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440, US
Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, as a member of Adventist Midwest Health, is a Christian health care leader committed to partnering with physicians and community to provide whole-person care and promote wellness. The Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital Volunteer Department offers people of goodwill, the opportunity to make personal contributions of time, effort and caring to patients and their families, employees and the community. In return, the hospital extends caring, respect and recognition to volunteers for their contribution.
Volunteers are an important part of Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital's staff. They help ensure every patient and visitor has the best possible experience while at the hospital.
Every effort is made to make sure our volunteers will have a positive and rewarding experience. We offer our volunteers many benefits including free annual influenza vaccines, inclusion in employee holiday celebrations and an annual recognition event.
We invite anyone interested in sharing in our mission to serve our community to be a volunteer at ABH. Additionally, we require that volunteers:
* Be at least 16 years old
* Be physically able to work on selected assignments
* Commit to a regular schedule of two to four hours a week for a minimum of six months
* Provide proof of immunizations and/or be willing to receive any necessary immunizations free of charge, including COVID-19
* Attend all training and in-service sessions as required by the Volunteer Department.
Multiple locations Bolingbrook, IL 60440
May 16, 2023
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one shift per week of approx. 4 hours