4 people are interested
Hospitality Desk Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: AdventHealth Bolingbrook
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Under the supervision of the Hospitality Desk Receptionist and/or registration the Hospitality Desk volunteer will be responsible for greeting and helping patients and visitors. The purpose of this position is to assist all patients and visitors upon entry and ensure proper patient flow is implemented.
- Volunteers should have the ability to think quickly and act with patience and compassion
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service is required
- Must be dependable
- Must be at least 16 years old
The Hospitality Desk Volunteer will be responsible for assisting with the following:
- Greeting of all patients and visitors
- Escorting patients for ancillary testing
- Escorting Direct Admissions to unit
- Distribution of passes for visitation
- Assisting in answering of phones
- Wheelchair transport for discharges
- Check in Flowers/Delivery of Flowers to patients
- morning / 08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- evening / 05:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About AdventHealth Bolingbrook
500 Remington Blvd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440, US
Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, as a member of Adventist Midwest Health, is a Christian health care leader committed to partnering with physicians and community to provide whole-person care and promote wellness. The Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital Volunteer Department offers people of goodwill, the opportunity to make personal contributions of time, effort and caring to patients and their families, employees and the community. In return, the hospital extends caring, respect and recognition to volunteers for their contribution.
Volunteers are an important part of Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital's staff. They help ensure every patient and visitor has the best possible experience while at the hospital.
Every effort is made to make sure our volunteers will have a positive and rewarding experience. We offer our volunteers many benefits including free annual influenza vaccines, inclusion in employee holiday celebrations and an annual recognition event.
We invite anyone interested in sharing in our mission to serve our community to be a volunteer at ABH. Additionally, we require that volunteers:
* Be at least 16 years old
* Be physically able to work on selected assignments
* Commit to a regular schedule of two to four hours a week for a minimum of six months
* Provide proof of immunizations and/or be willing to receive any necessary immunizations free of charge, including COVID-19
* Attend all training and in-service sessions as required by the Volunteer Department.
Multiple locations Bolingbrook, IL 60440
August 23, 2022
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 shift per week of approx. 4 hours
- Some walking