22 people are interested
Write Grants to Help Empower Women of Color in Tech
ORGANIZATION: Philly Tech Sistas
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
Are you looking to impact your community by helping Women of Color career changers learn new tech skills? Currently, WOC only make up a small percentage of the tech industry and we are looking to increase those numbers by teaching WOC advanced technology and leadership skills so they gain economic empowerment.
Our work is mostly made possible through donations from our sponsors. But in order to continue providing our programs, we need to expand our team with volunteer grant writers who are passionate about diversifying the tech industry.
We have a list of grants. We need help with writing the proposals.
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
About Philly Tech Sistas
PO Box 24084, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19139, US
Philly Tech Sistas' goal is to diversify the tech industry by empowering women of color with the tech skills and leadership tools needed to thrive in Philadelphia's rich tech community.
We are a non-profit organization aimed at helping women of color gain technical and professional skills in order to work, thrive, and move up in the tech industry. We do this by providing coding workshops and other professional development events that build leadership, confidence, and community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18