Wanting to share professional advice? Help with HALO's Professional Development Program.
ORGANIZATION: The HALO Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Opportunities Include (but aren't limited to):
- Teach a workshop or training on a professional development topic
- Provide a meal for youth during a workshop or training
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing help: Review, Edit, Advise youth
- Share your expertise with HALO Staff
- Have insight to share but not interested in working directly with youth? Share your materials and expertise for staff to facilitate
- Help at Mock Interview night, acting as an employer for interview practice with you.
- Have a connection to a store willing to help provide a new professional outfit? Let us know!
- Host youth at your office space for a tour and to learn about careers in your industry
- Job search and application assistance
- Using Public Transportation
- Engage your business to partner with HALO on employment opportunities for youth in program
- Help maintain listing of open opportunities
- Continued education on job maintenance and growth opportunities
- Professional mentorship
06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Typically on Mondays, but flexible.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About The HALO Foundation
1600 Genessee St, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64102, US
HALO helps one more child spend one less day alone.
Everyone can think of that one moment in their life that changed everything. It’s the moment that made you who you are today. For more than 3,000 kids around the world, HALO is that moment. At HALO, we give our kids a home in which hope can emerge from hardship. And where drawings about their past unlock dreams about their future. We work wherever kids who have been abused, abandoned, and orphaned, need to feel loved. We work help one more child spend one less day alone. Love heals.
HALO believes every child should have the foundation of a family. Since 2005, HALO has provided love in the form of housing, healing and education to heal homeless and at-risk children. Featured in the Moroccanoil INSPIRED film series, "American Spirit" of CBS Evening News, "Heroes Among Us" and "25 Women Changing the World" of PEOPLE magazine, "The Today Show," and Variety Magazine, HALO serves more than 3,000 children and supports 11 programs around the globe each year. It has Learning Centers and Housing programs in Kansas City, and Jefferson City, Missouri, and art programming in New York and Portland. HALO also supports orphanages and programs in Uganda, Kenya, Mexico and India. Learn how Love Heals at HALO and help one more child spend one less day alone at www.haloworldwide.org.
1600 Genessee StKansas City, MO 64102
August 11, 2022
- Youth Services
- Professional Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training