NHQ:IT - End User Services: Volunteer Technical Specialist - Georgia
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) department, specifically the End User Services (EUS) team. This opportunity requires participation in in-person activities and/or perform work in a Red Cross facility. Currently, we are recruiting for the following location and other sites within 40 miles:
- Provide technical support troubleshooting IT equipment - computers, printers, network equipment, etc.
- Participate in local and enterprise-wide IT projects
- Support immediate technology needs for local disaster response operations and provide support to disaster team as needed during a local disaster operation
- Support IT needs at special events
- Manage IT assets (equipment issue/return, maintain inventory database)
- Ensure compliance with established quality standards and requirements
- Assist with end user training
- Utilize the Red Cross ticketing system to address end user issues
- Assist with developing or improving EUS policies and procedures
- Participate in core team meetings
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies.
- Experience troubleshooting personal desktop computing and advanced office automation technology including Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10, Office, Office 365, file shares, printers and scanners
- Minimum one-year experience providing hands-on networking/desktop/PC administration and hardware/software support
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking to include wireless design and setup
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs
- Flexible availability, including some availability during business hours
- Willingness to travel and provide support in person at local Red Cross offices
- Knowledge of ITSM/Ticketing Systems
- Knowledge of the ticket lifecycle
- Knowledge of Service Level Targets
- Resume Requirement
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Savannah, GA 31405
September 23, 2022
- IT Help Desk
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Security / Network Administration
- Background Check
- Volunteers must be available on a regular basis during normal business hours when most IT work is performed. Although there may be occasional requests for after-hours or weekend work, volunteers who are only available evenings and weekends would not