Gatehouse Ambassador - Coskata Martha's Vineyard
ORGANIZATION: The Trustees of Reservations
Please visit the new page to apply.
Comprising a pair of long, fingery peninsulas, Coskata Coatue ("co-skate-uh coat-oo") Wildlife Refuge is both a popular summer vacation destination and a fragile, wild and semi-remote coastscape. Most easily accessible by boat or over sand vehicle, the refuge also draws trampers and naturalists eager to observe shorebirds, raptors, and Great Point Light.
As the tourist season continues, The Trustees seeks Gatehouse Ambassadors to welcome guests to the property, provide information on the status of wildlife, assist with reading trail maps, promote membership and programs statewide. Multiple shifts are available. Note: the ideal candidate must be over 18.
Reports to: Stewardship Manager
Learn more and sign up online here:
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Express interest in this opportunity
- Interact with visitors, answer questions about the property
- Gather information from visitors for mailing lists and promotional outreach
- Promote the Trustees’ mission and provide membership information
- Assist with special programs on an occasional basis
- Assist with light property clean-up, if needed
- Adhere to The Trustees safety and COVID-19 protocols
- Log volunteer hours weekly
- Candidates should possess the talent and tact to answer questions patiently and appropriately
- Previous retail, hospitality, or customer service experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the property, nesting shorebirds, seal habitat (preferred, but not required)
- Candidates should have the ability to make guests feel welcome and important
- Have reliable transportation to the property
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills
- Some standing is required
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces: sand, grass, pavement, uneven surfaces
- Please Note: Must be over 18
Contact the Volunteer Services Team at email@example.com
About The Trustees of Reservations
200 High Street, Boston, MA 02110, US
The Trustees of Reservations preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts.
Who We Are
We are more than 100,000 people like you who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting them, for everyone, forever.
Together with our neighbors, we protect the distinct character of our communities and inspire a commitment to our special places. Our passion is to share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures we care for.
What We Do
We enjoy and care for more than 100 special places - nearly 25,000 acres - all around Massachusetts. And we are actively building an extended family of friends and neighbors across the state that can help in their different ways.
What We Are Up Against
Through more than 100 years of hard work and high standards, The Trustees have built a sterling reputation and a stunning physical legacy.
Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. We need to tap the wellspring of people’s joy - in their communities, their heritage, and the natural world - and mobilize a whole new generation to care.
Wauwinet RoadNantucket, MA 02554
August 1, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 18
- Multiple shifts are available
- Candidates should possess the talent and tact to answer questions patiently and appropriately Previous retail, hospitality, or customer service experience is preferred