Social Media Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Root Solutions
Please visit the new page to apply.
Social Media Coordinator Volunteer
Root Solutions is seeking a creative and detail-oriented social media coordinator to help tell our story and share our mission across various platforms.
We are open to candidates with limited formal marketing experience as well as seasoned communication professionals looking to apply their skills to a good cause, so if you love our planet, feel comfortable with social media, and want to donate a few hours a month to a worthy cause, please apply!
The Social Media Coordinator Volunteer will be responsible for sharing Root Solutions’ news & events and helping us grow visibility for our mission and book, Making Shift Happen . The book is a first-of-its-kind guidebook teaching changemakers how to design effective environmental campaigns that nudge people toward more sustainable behaviors!
The exact responsibilities will be dependent on the candidate’s experience with marketing, communication, and social media. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting content for our social media platforms
- Designing graphics to support the social media posts
- Interacting on our platforms to keep the conversation going and increase engagement
- Reporting on the most relevant social media metrics
- Monitoring news and developments related to environmental behavior change
- Attending occasional marketing meetings (Zoom) to connect and collaborate with the team and volunteers like you
Qualifications/skills and knowledge requirements:
- Demonstrate a passion for the environment and communication
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Be well-organized and detail-oriented
- Be self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate initiative
- Be familiar with and enjoy using social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Some level of familiarity with graphic design tools like Canva
Advanced candidates will:
- Have demonstrated experience using social media for an organization
- Have experience using paid advertisements on platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn
- Have working knowledge of marketing and social media best practices
- We work hard to pair our volunteers with projects that are interesting to them or important for their career growth.
Root Solutions works to provide conservationists and policymakers with tools and resources informed by the proven methods of behavioral economics and behavior design allowing them to create more effective campaigns, policies, and strategies that reflect how people are actually motivated and make decisions. By understanding human behavior and the factors which influence the choices people make, conservationists will be able to "nudge" people toward decisions and behavior that are good for them and good for the planet.
Location & Compensation
This position will be 100% remote with occasional Zoom calls to keep everyone on the same page!
This is a volunteer position.
How To Apply:
- Gather your cover letter* and resume
- *In lieu of a cover letter, you may opt to create a short, sample Facebook post promoting our upcoming free webinar
- Email the above to Nolan at email@example.com with the subject "Social Media Coordinator Volunteer"
- Please indicate whether you are planning to work for class credit or note whether you will receive any work-study or grant money for this position. Also indicate the number of hours you will be able to commit per week and whether you will be available during normal working hours.
Thank you! Our work for a healthier planet relies on the generosity of volunteers like you.
About Root Solutions
405 14th Street, Suite 164, Oakland, CA 94612, US
Root Solutions is dedicated to providing environmentalists and policy makers with tools and resources informed by the proven methods of behavioral science - allowing them to create more effective campaigns, policies, and strategies that reflect how people actually make decisions that are good for the environment.
Decisions are at the root of our environmental challenges and solutions
The environmental movement needs a robust arsenal of proven, cutting edge methods to help slow and eventually reverse the world’s ongoing environmental degradation. In order to encourage people and policymakers to make smarter environmental decisions and engage in actions that will contribute to environmental health, understanding human behavior and how we make decisions needs to become the environmental movement’s new expertise. Because when you come right down to it, decisions and the actions that result are at the root of all the environmental challenges we face, and the solutions we need to address them.
Behavioral Science and Root Solutions: A powerful approach and a new organization to help apply it
The good news is that for the past 20+ years, the disciplines which make up the field known as "behavioral science" have been researching what motivates behavior, how people make choices, and the factors which lead to less than optimal decision making. In fact, it’s been said that we are right now, in the "golden age" of decision science.
People working in a wide variety of sectors including business, public health, and politics have been putting this learning into action with impressive results. It’s time for the environmental movement to do the same. Root Solutions is dedicated to helping make that happen.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 1, 2022