Service to Armed Forces VAVS Local Volunteer - Omaha
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Title: SAF: VAVS Local Representative
This leadership position is responsible for supporting coordination between the Red Cross and VA Health Care Facilities in the local area.
- Supports and acts as a local liaison on behalf of the Red Cross
- Ensure all potential VA Voluntary Services (VAVS) volunteers are registered with the local Red Cross unit, receive volunteer orientation, are assisted with the VAVS application and placement and receive information on volunteer opportunities with the VA
- Promote the recruitment of volunteers and donations of financial and material resources in accordance with facility needs
- Attend and participate in quarterly VAVS meetings, serve on VAVS Sub-committees and task groups and assist with improving the overall VAVS program
- Coordinate with the VAVS Program Manager to perform the Annual Joint Review (AJR)
- Facilitate volunteer placement in coordination with the VA Program Manager and workplace supervisor and assist VA staff when an affiliated volunteer must be removed for cause
- Maintain records and submit reports as required by the Red Cross and VA
- Share VAVS committee voting privileges with appointed deputy as needed
- Attend quarterly phone meetings with the assigned Red Cross National Deputy and Division Staff
- Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
- For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
2912 South 80th AvenueOmaha, NE 68124
July 29, 2022
- Veteran Care
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month