ORGANIZATION: MISSION ADDICTION
Please visit the new page to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY: Looking for volunteers to represent Mission Addiction at local county meetings (Montgomery, Greene, Butler, Warren, Miami, Clarke, Clinton, Preble, Darke, Hamilton, etc.). This position will also research other opportunities to promote MA in the Dayton area.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to network in a professional manner
- Basic research skills, including ability to present key findings
- Dependability and reliability
- Knowledge and/or experience with mental health
- Knowledge and/or experience with addiction
- Knowledge of the Christian faith
- Attending assigned county meetings as Mission Addiction's representative, promoting MA, discussing MA activity, networking, and documenting information
- Presenting relevant meeting information to MA founder
- Researching other engagements to attend and presenting those opportunities to MA founder
- Attending other engagements as assigned
Mission Addiction is an evolving non-profit organization and this position may evolve with time. We welcome our volunteers to participate in the development of their position!
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Laura@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together(tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Teach and coach individuals, couples and families how to heal, restore and transform their lives, to become the best version of themselves. We’re "addicted" to God’s mission and our mission is addiction - AND any other life challenge you’re facing. 2) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 3) Provide a spiritual family to connect, network, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction and you do not have to be a Christian to participate.) 4) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
- Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare & discipleship program
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting - for all life issues; not just addiction
- "Quick Church" blog
- Navigation and Referral Services
- Healing & Restoration Prayer
- Emergency Care
- Prayer & Grief Support
- Flexible Volunteer Opportunities & Internships to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something:http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
- Prevention Talks- for parents & students
- Social Events
- More programs and services in development - we need your help!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 28, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Mental Health
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- Flexible; 1-10 hours - depends upon number of meetings and desire of candidate
- Reliable transportation is required if involved in in-person activities.