DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Grant Writer, Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: GiGi's Playhouse NYC, Down Syndrome Achievement Centers
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Title: Grant Writer, Volunteer
GiGi’s Playhouse NYC is the only organization in New York City solely dedicated to the development of individuals with Down syndrome of all ages, from birth through adulthood and at every phase of life. We provide therapeutic, educational, social, and creative arts programs and events year-round, at no cost to participants or their families. We empower our diverse participants to be included in the greater community, to be their whole selves as they truly belong, and to make the world a better place. GiGi’s Playhouse NYC offers a supportive and nurturing environment that enables individuals, parents, expecting parents, and families to connect. With our migration to a more virtual world, GiGi’s Playhouse NYC is at the forefront of innovating and delivering online programs for our growing community, all while being completely funded by our generous donors.
Our vision is to see a world that is socially just; where individuals with Down syndrome have a voice, and are accepted and embraced in their families, schools, and communities, to help improve the world and make it a better place to live, work and prosper.
Hours: 5 hours per week
Major Responsibilities Include
- Plans, prepares, and writes highly compelling grant proposals/applications.
- Research funding sources, prepare and submit letters of intent and full grant proposals and budgets to secure new donors and renew existing donors.
- Gather the necessary information to ensure proposals and reports are comprehensive.
- Maintain calendar to ensure all grant reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Work proactively with Development Committee, Board members and staff to identify fundable programmatic initiatives.
- Participate in developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of government, corporate and foundation gifts.
- Keep in contact with the organization to check the progress of grant status.
- If awarded, submit a progress report as requested by the granting organization/foundation.
- Experience with grant writing a plus.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Writes applications that display meticulous attention to detail, and that adhere to guidelines required to complete the grant proposal.
- Can clearly and succinctly convey ideas and information in a variety of communication styles and format.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with key stakeholders.
- Must commit a minimum of 1 year to receive benefits.
- Work directly with our Board, our Development Chair, founders, and other high-profile members of our community.
- School credits (where applicable).
- Gain experience working with a nonprofit.
- Deepen your understanding and connection with Down syndrome community members.
- Become engaged and/or deepen your knowledge of issues affecting the Down syndrome community in a powerful and rewarding environment.
All staff and volunteers are expected to be committed to the mission and values of GiGi’s Playhouse NYC, communicate authentic sensitivity to and an understanding of the Down syndrome community, have a positive attitude, and possess a willingness and ability to thrive within a unique work environment.
All interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to Rosella Lofaro, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
About GiGi's Playhouse NYC, Down Syndrome Achievement Centers
106 West 117th St., New York City, NY 10026, US
our mission is to increase positive awareness of Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community. our vision is to see a world where individuals with Down syndrome are accepted and embraced in their families, schools, and communities. We are the only community center in NYC designed to meet the social, educational and therepeutic needs of individuals with Down syndrome and those that love them. We offer social gatherings, lectures and educational talks, support groups, and numerous different classes ranging from literacy to ballet. We are also invested in changing outdated perceptions of individuals with Down syndrome through photographic galleries, calendars, news and media outlets - we depend volunteers to make all our programs fun and free!
What started as a local Playhouse in a suburb of Chicago has turned into an international phenomenon, spreading awareness and inspiration to everyone it touches. GiGi's Playhouses are Down syndrome awareness and educational centers that provide resources, specialized teaching, and support to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community!
GiGi's Playhouse centers evolved into educational centers with a focus on National awareness for Down syndrome. All of our programs are free to our families and are therapeutic in nature. Each of them are designed to work on specific skill development in several areas including speech and language, social development, and fine and gross motor skills. Our literacy program alone teaches thousands of kids with Down syndrome to read around the nation! The "i have a voice" campaign, a national awareness campaign, seeks to change outdated perceptions and replace those images with beautiful, thought provoking, intelligent images.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 16, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training