1 person is interested
Business Development Manager (Volunteer/Remote)
ORGANIZATION: ABUSE REFUGE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
- Are you seeking a volunteer role that affords you an opportunity to gain valuable work experience while being committed to helping further the efforts of ARO’s mission in helping victims of abuse?
- Do you like the flexibility of working within a virtual environment?
- Enjoy interacting globally with others who share the same passion for making a difference?
- Are you interested in the value of developing your skill sets, departmental cross-training, leadership roles, mentoring, or the opportunity to excel within your chosen vocation?
Apply with ARO today and join our team of amazing volunteers!
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
The Business Development Manager will design and plan initiatives to create events and opportunities to raise money for ARO’s programs.
- Overseeing a team of business development coordinators.
- Trains business development staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of business development staff.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Research opportunities that could be appropriate partnerships for ARO.
- Creates connections with similar organizations or individuals who are able to help our cause.
- Conducts outreach to those mentioned above.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Identifies the audience, including new and potential clients and members; develops a communication strategy and "voice" appropriate for reaching that audience.
- Develops and implements a long-term plan to communicate the company’s mission statement internally and externally.
- Promotes community events involving the company.
- Oversees and organizes fundraising activities.
- Drafts and distributes materials to promote fundraising efforts.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or guidelines related to fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be available to volunteer 15+ hours/week
- Must be based in the United States
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising best practices and strategies.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with a proven ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for external publications.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with media contacts and outlets.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Prior experience in fundraising, communications, or related fields required with supervisory experience.
About Abuse Refuge Org:
ARO is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and we focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused within 13 major areas of abuse, including but not limited to: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child, Elderly, Work Place, Isolation, and Self-abuse. To learn more about our mission, go to http://GoARO.org
ARO i s an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For more about our hiring practices, please refer to the BFOQ section at this link:
Human Resources - Abuse Refuge Org
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 13, 2022
- 15+ hrs/week