4 people are interested
Join a Resource Team!
ORGANIZATION: Circles Salt Lake
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Is there a specific niche within Circles Salt Lake you’d like to help out with? If so, joining a resource team might be the option for you. We have a total of 5 resource teams which are made up of groups of diverse volunteers who contribute vital assistance, fresh ideas, and vision to the Circles initiative.
- Community Team- As a community team member you maintain and manage a welcoming space for meetings and also coordinate weekly meals with community sponsors.
- Recruitment Team- As a member of the recruitment team you will promote Circles in the community, recruit and help enroll Circle Leaders, Circle Allies and other volunteers.
- Services Team- Works to connect participants to the service they need (e.g. housing, transportation, childcare, healthcare, financial & utility assistance, and recovery services) while also establishing relationships with existing community services that can support the Circles initiative.
- Jobs and Education Team- Works with participants to help define and plan their career goals and also also offers guidance about educational opportunities and financial aid.
- Big View Team - Facilitates discussions about poverty with local leaders and helps participants engage with those in power.
About Circles Salt Lake
2530 S 500 E, SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84106, US
Our mission is to reduce poverty throughout Salt Lake. We do this by building bridges of friendship and community that support individuals and families on their journey from surviving to thriving. Circles is a nationally known, proven, and innovative initiative for connecting people across socioeconomic lines. The purpose is to support individuals and families in their journey out of poverty for good.
At Circles Salt Lake we meet our mission by combining best practices in several disciplines including community organizing, grassroots leadership, S.M.A.R.T. goal setting, financial literacy, mentoring, peer-to-peer counseling and learning, and child/ youth development. With the assistance of our dedicated volunteers and community members, we can provide resources to our families which include job opportunities, transportation, healthcare, and a variety of other services.
Circles offers 4 main volunteer opportunities:
1. Allies- V olunteers who provide support to the Circle Leaders as they work through their goals.
2. Children Program volunteer- Volunteers who create a fun, engaging, and supportive environment for our Circles youth.
3. Resource teams - Groups of diverse volunteers who contribute vital assistance, fresh ideas, and vision to the circles initiative.
4. Meal Donations - Group/club willing to provide and serve a meal for our Circle families at one of our weekly meetings.
2530 South 500 EastSouth Salt Lake, UT 84115
September 17, 2023
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health
- Children Medical Services
- Child Development
- Adult Education
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Must be at least 18