3 people are interested
Front Desk Help Needed. Help save Lives at our Vitalant Donor Centers in San Angelo!
ORGANIZATION: Vitalant Texas
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Vitalant Needs Volunteers in the San Angelo Area!
We invite you to come and volunteer your time and talent with Vitalant, formally United Blood Services!
We are looking for Blood drive volunteers to attend donor centers to welcome and assist blood donors with the pre-registration process as well as monitoring and thanking donors and serving refreshments after their blood donation.
Blood Drive Volunteer Role Description
The Blood Drive Ambassador Volunteer will help to ensure that blood donors have an exceptional experience in a clean environment from the moment they arrive until the time they leave.
- Welcome and check-in donors
- Provide courteous and friendly communication and assistance to donors and staff
- Explain the donation process as necessary and answer any questions donors may have
- Assist with set up and help maintain cleanliness in Reception and Canteen/Hospitality areas
- Restock canteen/hospitality area and encourage donors to re-hydrate after donation procedure
- When applicable, may assist staff with reminder/cancellation calls, assist in re-scheduling donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Must be 16 or older
- 18 + Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to regularly commit to a schedule, arrive punctually, and adapt to changes
- Reliable transportation
- Commit to at least 50 hours per calendar year
- Vitalant Volunteer Orientation
- Blood Drive Ambassador Volunteer Role-specific Training
Donations Are Needed · Register In Minutes · Schedule Online Today
When you give blood with Vitalant, you have the potential to help hospital patients within your community and, when the need arises, others across the country .
About Vitalant Texas
424 S. Mesa Hills Drive, El Paso, TX 79912, US
Vitalant exists to make a difference in people's lives by bringing together the best people, inspiring individuals to donate blood, producing a safe and ample blood supply, advancing cutting-edge research and embracing continuous quality improvement.
Vitalant ("Vye-TAL-ent") is the nation’s largest independent, nonprofit blood services provider exclusively focused on providing lifesaving blood and comprehensive transfusion medicine services for about 900 hospitals and their patients across the U.S. Every day, Vitalant needs to collect about 5,300 blood, platelet and plasma donations to help save lives. For more information and to schedule a donation appointment, visit vitalant.org or call 877-25-VITAL (877-258-4825).
We can't make this happen without the support of our volunteers!
2020 West Beauregard AvenueSan Angelo, TX 76901
September 20, 2023
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month