DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Recruitment Manager - Volunteer Team (Remote)
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Recruitment Manager (Remote)
Making North Texas a No-Kill community is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, Dallas Pets Alive is a non-profit organization focused on animal welfare and saving pets. DPA needs a lot of great volunteers to do it. As the Recruitment Manager, you'll manage the volunteer administrators and coordinators who perform the recruitment and orientation processes.
About Dallas Pets Alive : https://dallaspetsalive.org
**TO BE CONSIDERED, please complete our Official Volunteer Application at
Reports to: Assistant Director of Recruitment, Volunteer Director
Works with: Assistant Directors of Recruitment & Volunteer Operations, Volunteer Administrators & Coordinators, Project Coordinators, DPA Leadership & Management
- Assist with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Collaborate with the AD of Recruitment by scheduling and training new Recruitment team members
- Support the Volunteer Team by developing and collaborating on Volunteer Team processes and procedures
- Ensure the duties of the Orientation Administrator are completed or followed up, including:
- Orientation meetings are set up properly on Zoom; training
- Email reminders and post-orientation emails to registrants are sent out
- Orientation dates are brainstormed and scheduled
- Correspondence with Orientation registrants and data gathered
- Ensure the duties of the Recruiting Administrator are completed or followed up, including:
- New position requisitions are properly documented on the Volunteer Spreadsheet and posted/edited/removed on posting platform(s) on a weekly basis
- Postings and position descriptions have accurate information with consistent formatting in external posting websites (VolunteerMatch)
- Determine if active postings are still needed by the applicable departments
- Manage expiration dates of postings
- Reconcile live postings on external posting sites with Volunteer Directory’s "open positions" tab
- Communicate with Department Leadership/Management for staffing needs and gathering of complete position descriptions
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Recruitment on special projects
- Maintain the Recruiting Projects Spreadsheet
- Serve as back up for Recruiting Administrator, Orientation Administrator, and Orientation Facilitator
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Experience with Human Resources, VolunteerMatch, Zoom, Recruitment, Google Suite, Orientation, and managing others, preferred
- Strong email correspondence, multi-tasking, team engagement, decision making, communication, and adherence to deadlines
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 2-6 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: 2-6 hours, flexible throughout the week