22 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
Becoming a Virtual Mentor - Volunteer
I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation has been in existence in order to help students in the vulnerable low-income communities through our free Mentoring Program and create positive youth development! As a small non-profit company, I'RAISE annually matches up to 40 volunteer mentor with a student (mentee).
Volunteer Mentors spend one and a half hour a week helping students (mentees) by:
- Providing guidance and share helpful advices beneficial to their mentee's future
- Using their expertise and experience to help equip their mentee with the lifelong skills that empowers them and builds up their confidence
- Assessing the needs of their mentee and having a mentoring session(s) specifically designed for their mentee's needs
- Tracking progress of their mentee
- Must be 21+ years old and no prior experience is required
- Commit to at least one mentor - mentee session per week, as little as one and a half hour a week
- Flexible weekday volunteer times
- Complete the required virtual mentor orientation and have access to a computer and reliable wifi for online mentoring
- Agree to the terms of our Mentor code of conduct
Easily apply by filling out our application form:
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10467, US
I’RAISE Boys & Girls International Corporation is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in New York City founded in 2012. We have been providing free tutoring, mentoring and coaching services, virtual performance classes, college preparation program, nutrition workshops, and parent education program. As a minority led non-profit organization with leaders that are women of colors, we feel so much pride and we are so proud being able to provide beneficial resources to the children in under-resourced areas in New York City in-person and multiple-states virtually. And we have been successful in providing these services because of our volunteers. Come volunteer with us as we strive to make positive changes in children's life and be a safe haven that they can rely on!
- Marketing Volunteer
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Finance Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 1, 2023
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training