Mentoring Children (Virtual)
ORGANIZATION: I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
MENTORING A CHILD
Title: Volunteer Mentor
Reports to: Community Program Manager
Hours: Mentor a Child for Just 1 Hr/Week!
Location: Virtually from anywhere in the United States
Commitment: 6 monthsSummary: Our Volunteer Mentor will help equip students with the lifelong skills that empower them, and the students will become proud, confident individuals ready for success.
Volunteer Mentor will:
- Mentor 1 youth for 1 hour a week
- Some important ways our mentors help the students is helping with boosting self confidence and self esteem, providing emotional support, help achieve personal growth and help the student learn more about themselves.
- Some experience working with children - elementary, middle school or high school youth.
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Provide three academic or professional references - full name, job title, email address, phone number
- Must pass background check clearance
- Background check clearance fee is not covered by I'RAISE. Must pay out of pocket.
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
8th West 126th Street, New York, NY 10027, US
I’RAISE Boys & Girls International Corporation is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in New York City founded in 2012. We have been providing free tutoring, mentoring and coaching services, virtual performance classes, college preparation program, nutrition workshops, and parent education program. As a minority led non-profit organization with leaders that are women of colors, we feel so much pride and we are so proud being able to provide beneficial resources to the children in under-resourced areas in New York City in-person and multiple-states virtually. And we have been successful in providing these services because of our volunteers. Come volunteer with us as we strive to make positive changes in children's life and be a safe haven that they can rely on! - Dalamu Sherpa Human Resources Director at I'RAISE
- Tutoring Youth
- Mentoring Youth
- Coaching Youth
- Marketing Volunteer
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Finance Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
- Program Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Fundraising, Public Relations
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 8, 2022
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training