21 people are interested
Social Media Intern
ORGANIZATION: Howard Area Community Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
Howard Area Community Center Social Media Intern Opening
Howard Area Community Center is a local nonprofit organization in the Roger’s Park neighborhood of Chicago. We provide the tools and resources to empower individuals, enabling their independence, and offering a better chance for a brighter tomorrow. We are focused on building community success through the work of our programs, our staff and our dedicated volunteers.
Howard Area Community Center’s mission is to assist low-income individuals and families in the greater Rogers Park and adjacent communities to stabilize their lives and to develop the social skills necessary to become effective community members. In order to accomplish this mission, the agency’s programs provide emergency intervention, family stabilization, and promote developmental growth.
Social Media Intern Role
The role of Volunteer Intern will be to work with staff and other volunteers to spread HACC’s mission, build community relationships, and grow HACC’s supporter and donor base. This will be achieved through developing and spreading promotional content that will resonate with younger generations to participate and join various HACC events, become donors, and encourage volunteer support.
In this position, the Social Media Intern will:
- Update HACC’s social media pages with material from the Communication Coordinator.
- Create graphics following HACC brand guidelines.
- Create video content (IG Reels and Stories) to be shared on social media platforms
- Research local organizations in the area and connect with them through social media in order to promote HACC’s programs and opportunities.
- Assist departments with promoting their individual programs throughout the local area, which may include distributing flyers, sending emails, or creating materials to be posted on different platforms.
- Assist with the promotion of different events and activities within HACC’s different departments, both online and in the community.
- Assist in updating HACC’s website under the direction of the Communication Coordinator.
Hours per week: 5-10. Hours will be set with the Communication Coordinator before starting.
Length of internship: 3 months with the opportunity to extend.
Beginning and end date: Fall 2022- Winter 2022.
Portfolio of work: Please create a portfolio of your work including graphics, blogs, creative content etc. to demonstrate your skills, which can be applied to your university course. You will also complete a written evaluation of your internship when finishing. HACC will also validate your portfolio and write an evaluation once completed.
Benefits: Howard Area Community Center hopes to create an environment where your work is recognized and valued within our organization. Your efforts will support our organization’s mission within the local community. We hope your work with us will assist you in your university studies and allow you the opportunity develop work-based skills in a non-profit environment.
Requirements: College student living in the local area, focusing on Information Technology / Marketing / Communications or similar subjects.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
8 More opportunities with Howard Area Community Center
About Howard Area Community Center
7648 N. Paulina, Chicago, IL 60626, US
The mission of Howard Area Community Center is to assist low-income individuals and families in the greater Rogers Park and adjacent communities to stabilize their lives and to develop the social skills necessary to become effective community members
Howard Area Community Center (HACC) is a social service agency that provides free education, employment, and health assistance programs for the greater Rogers Park area. Many of HACC’s services are life-sustaining. Individuals and families set their own goals, and HACC is here to lend a helping hand along their journey to success.
7648 N. Paulina StreetChicago, IL 60626
April 4, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5-10 Hours a week