1 person is interested
Self Defense Instructor (Virtual)
ORGANIZATION: I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation (NPO) is seeking a professional volunteer for the Self-Defense Instructor position! Our I'RAISE Parent Support Program would like to offer selfdefense classes for parents and children virtually on Saturdays for the month of August, 2022. Volunteer will help with: * Developing a plan for weekly virtual self-defense instruction appropriate for parents and children ages 8 and up * Teaching self-defense classes and workshops for children and parents * Keeping attendance of all classes and ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for all Volunteer qualifications: * Minimum of 1 year experience teaching groups of 8+ people at one time. Appropriate certifications or coursework preferred.
* Must have experience teaching self-defense classes for long-term semesters or one-off workshops.
* Must be able to provide curriculum for the program with flexibility to adapt based on the needs of the community.
* Ability to work with youth, teens and adults highly preferred. Team: The professional volunteer will work with the Parent Education Instructor, Community Program Director, Program Manager, and the Marketing Team Self-defense class start date: Saturday, July 30th, 2022
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
8th West 126th Street, New York, NY 10027, US
I’RAISE Boys & Girls International Corporation is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in New York City founded in 2012. We have been providing free tutoring, mentoring and coaching services, virtual performance classes, college preparation program, nutrition workshops, and parent education program. As a minority led non-profit organization with leaders that are women of colors, we feel so much pride and we are so proud being able to provide beneficial resources to the children in under-resourced areas in New York City in-person and multiple-states virtually. And we have been successful in providing these services because of our volunteers. Come volunteer with us as we strive to make positive changes in children's life and be a safe haven that they can rely on! - Dalamu Sherpa Human Resources Director at I'RAISE
- Tutoring Youth
- Mentoring Youth
- Coaching Youth
- Marketing Volunteer
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Finance Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
- Program Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Fundraising, Public Relations
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 6, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Physical Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training