1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Gender Freedom Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Gender Freedom Society is currently searching for a Communications Director who will manage the image and public perception of our organization.
The Communications Director leads marketing and communications strategy for meetings and events to create awareness, maximize engagement, and grow revenue.
Detailed Description of Key Accountabilities:
- Develop contacts with media members, influencers, and community leaders.
- Handle press inquiries and coordinate responses, prepare and distribute press releases and other materials, and assist with press events at meetings.
- Oversee promotional strategy, planning, and logistics.
- Oversee email marketing strategy, and ensure accuracy and effectiveness of messaging.
- Oversee social media channels and messaging, and monitor channels to identify and address issues and present solutions.
- Monitor reputation and news inquiries.
- Assist with media training and preparation of presentations, speeches, and talking points for senior and volunteer leadership.
- Manage a team of communications volunteers, establish workflows and operating procedures, allocate resources, and assure quality.
- Oversee communication plans, track campaign progress, and allocate resources to deliver initiatives on time.
- Create reports on communications activities.
- Ability to effectively interact with, and cultivate strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Outstanding persuasive interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with experience managing communications, marketing, and social media strategies to promote an organization’s mission and profile.
- Possess strong process management skills and utilize data analytics in decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative, foster teamwork, and have a transparent communication style with a high level of discretion.
- Experience in marketing, communications, journalism, graphic design, or related field.
Job Type: Unpaid Volunteer, 1 - 3 hours per week
Work Location: RemoteSpeak Speak
About Gender Freedom Society
532 S 15th St, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, US
Gender Freedom Society is an organization focused on the needs of transgender and gender non-conforming people. As a community, GFS provides a safe-space for members to meet other like-minded folks from around the world, engage in peer-to-peer counselling, and be seen and heard for who they truly are. GFS is a resource of information for the Trans/GNC community, to include providing educational resources, local gender-affirming services locations, and local trans-friendly businesses. GFS participates in national and local social activism, and provides space for members to actively plan for activism in their communities.
We are a 501c3 non profit based virtually in the United States. several of our goals include but are not limited to creating resources that do not yet exist to make the lives of people within our community a better one.Speak
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 3, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Unpaid Volunteer, 1 - 3 hours per week
- Currently reside in the United States and communicate during Central time zone business hours.