We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Save the Water, Inc. has 22 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
20 people are interested
Volunteer Instructional Designer (Remote)
ORGANIZATION: Save the Water, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Instructional Designer, you are required to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week.
- Associates must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
STW(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW(tm) also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
Reporting to the Associate Director of Curriculum Development and Instructional Design, the Instructional Designer’s primary responsibility is to design and deliver a range of instructional design and curriculum projects while ensuring course development is aligned with STW(tm)’s public awareness objectives and a great learning experience to students. He/She will support reviews and development of current, detailed, interactive, and developmentally appropriate water-focused content program delivery.What you will be responsible for...
- Supports the Associate Director of Curriculum Development and Instructional Design and works closely with the Curriculum Development Manager to develop learning solutions and upgrades that are flexible and aligned with learning needs, standards and outcomes of learners ages 10-15.
- Engage in extensive research and analyses to ensure that water education content is current, innovative and of realistic calibre.
- Facilitate conversations with users of curriculum developed by the Curriculum Development team and suggest improvements, upgrades and other feedback related to learning.
- Forecast and visualize desired final products, user interface and expected instructional metrics.
- Design surveys and other evaluative processes for learner’s experiences of Save the Water(tm) curriculum projects.
- Recommend and provide analyses of techniques or new learning technologies applicable to curriculum projects.
- An understanding of course authoring applications.
- Contribute to the development of instructional design methodology and best practices applied to curriculum projects.
- Ensure that materials reflect Save the Water’s and the Education Group’s organizational beliefs, values and mission objectives.
- Meet project deadlines as assigned.
- Recommend solutions preemptively for user experience-related issues.
- Organize and attend group/team meetings as necessary.
- Be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST timezone (GMT -4:00) and respond to emails within 36 hours.
Apply now if you have ...
- Strong analytical, organizational and research skills, with a passion for continuous learning.
- Demonstrate high motivation for facilitating the sharing and acquisition of knowledge and streamlining learning experiences.
- An understanding of learning styles, learner characteristics, special needs and how different types of blended technology affect learners of various age groups.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Strong ability to take initiative, self-motivate, multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and online environment.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to elicit information and provide accurate information or training clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative.
- Very comfortable working in a virtual team environment incorporating group problem-solving; shares information and responsibility.
- Committed to attending team meetings. Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally.
- Outgoing, persistent and energetic. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to handle requests and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner.
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress)in Instructional Design, Pedagogy, Education, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, or similar, with experience in research methods (APA style) and data analysis such as natural and environmental science or other related fields. Equivalencies of education and experience may also be considered.
- Work/Volunteer experience as an instructional designer, preferably with some teaching experience for middle school or high school levels.
- Has worked with various Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of technical solutions to complete project deliverables.
- Experience using Google product applications or GSuite.
- Some experience working with curriculum for middle school audiences is preferred.
- Subject matter expert in Science, Environmental Science, Biology, and/or Chemistry.
- Research methodologies, writing, project management.
- Minimum one year of applied experience in research and/or evaluation through school or professional work, preferably in an academic environment. Experience in coordinating research projects preferred.
- Work experience with online learning environments, Learning Management Software, game design, etc.
How to apply:
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear from you!
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 9, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- You are required to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week.