2 people are interested
Culinary Assistance at PLAN Clubhouse
ORGANIZATION: Jewish Family Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Volunteers will work alongside members to prepare healthy and fresh meals for those at PLAN clubhouse. This includes putting recipes into steps and giving out responsibilities to those who are participating.
- Participate in the morning meeting
- Move to the culinary unit meeting, where recipes are identified, and put into steps/give out responsibilities for the PLAN members.
- Be prepared to teach cooking skills during preparation, assist and facilitate when needed.
- Plate the meals and serve the meals (about 15-25 meals).
- Kitchen clean up
- Age requirement: Volunteers must be 18 years old or older.
- This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys cooking and has cooking skills.
- Nutritionally minded
- Texas Food Handler Certification (preferred)
- All in-person volunteers will need to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19 prior to signing up for a shift. Note that this only needs to be submitted one time, not each time your register for an in-person event. You can submit using our HIPAA compliant form here: org/volunteervaccine
- Volunteers will be required to follow current CDC guidelines for masking. Those guidelines can be found here: CDC Guide to Masks
About Jewish Family Service
5402 Arapaho Road, Dallas, TX 75248, US
Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas welcomes anyone through our doors regardless of race, religion, or the ability to pay. Our mission is to provide professional, effective, and affordable mental health and social services that promote lifelong self-sufficiency for anyone in need.
JFS is a United Way service provider, serving just over 11,000 people a year. We help people regain self sufficiency through services including, but not limited to: Career and Employment, Family Violence Intervention, Financial Coaching, Mental Health counseling for all ages, services for Elderly or disabled, Meals on Wheels, Special Needs, Cancer Survivors, Veterans, and Emergency assistance in our on-site Food Pantry.
1121 Rockingham DriveRichardson, TX 75080
June 27, 2022
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Duration of shift: 10-12:30; Shifts are available during this time Monday-Fridays