Make a meaningful difference in the lives of low income Families One Tax Return at a Time
ORGANIZATION: Metropolitan Family Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
MFS CASH Oregon is an economic empowerment program of Metropolitan Family Services that provides free tax preparation services and community outreach to low-income, working families.
Volunteers are the heart of this work, and we are currently seeking volunteers for Tax Prep Summer Camp (Apr-Sept).
No experience is necessary! Free, comprehensive training provided.
Virtual and in-person opportunities are available.
- Tax Preparer: Prepares tax returns
- Intake Specialist: Completes intake interview
- Client Facilitator: Checks in taxpayers for appointments
- Interpreter: Translates for taxpayers who don’t speak English
About Metropolitan Family Service
1010 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97214, US
Metropolitan Family Service helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequality and social isolation. We serve children, families and older adults in the tri-county area. MFS is dedicated to building stronger communities by providing services, connecting people with resources, and offering meaningful and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) volunteers serve in various capacities, depending on their areas of interest and abilities. Volunteers participate in on-going opportunities in one of three focus areas: helping children succeed, strengthening families and their connections to the community, and helping older adults and persons with disabilities live independently. We create opportunities that bridge generations and inspire everyone to live their best life.
Multiple locations Portland, OR 97214
June 17, 2022
- Tax Law
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- - Flexible schedule. Summer Camp takes place 9 am-5 pm every Friday for in-person volunteers.
- - 10-40 hrs training depending on role - Pass open book IRS certification exams - Commit 4 hrs/wk during tax season (Jan. - Apr.)