Fundraising Committee Member
ORGANIZATION: New London Homeless Hospitality Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
Become a Member of the Friends of New London Homeless Hospitality Center
Led by: Development Director
The Friends of New London Homeless Hospitality Center is a group of volunteers with goals of raising funds to insure the financial viability and stability of the organization.
Membership of the Friends group is reviewed by the Development Manager and Executive Director. Members and staff will work together to determine committee needs and will brainstorm new and potential committee members.
Friends of New London Homeless Hospitality Center expectations:
· Find, create and implement fundraising opportunities throughout the County and the
Region that help to spread the message of hope for an end to homelessness in SE Connecticut
while raising funds to sustain the organization.
· The Friends of NLHHC group will provide written reports to the full Board of Directors of any
actions taken, meetings held or discussions that have occurred.
· With support from staff, annually submit objectives and a work plan for the committee as
part of the planning and budgeting process.
· With support from staff, annually evaluate its work as a committee and the objectives it has
committed itself to and report on same to the Executive Director.
· The committee will meet at least 4 times each year either in person or via video call.
Committee Members Responsibilities:
· Serves in an advisory role to guide the committee
· Expresses ideas and provides input
· Actively participates in meetings, contributing to the discussion, brainstorming and sharing
· Reviews material and provides input for improvement
· Serves as internal/external linkages for NLHHC to open doors to further the organization’s
mission and vision.
· Participate in the development and implementation of the committee work plan.
Time Commitment for Friends of NLHHC
· Friends should anticipate being available an average of 1‐2 hours per month.
About New London Homeless Hospitality Center
325 Huntington Street, New London, CT 06320, US
To serve as a bridge out of homelessness by helping our guests pursue their self-selected path to permanent housing.
At night we provide a shelter for single adults. Our goal is to provide a place of rest and safety. During the day we offer a hospitality center where our homeless neighbors can find sanctuary and practical assistance. The hospitality center helps address some of the practical aspects of being homeless--getting mail, taking a shower, finding a place to sit in cold weather. The hospitality center also works to link people with resources they need to return to permanent housing.
325 Huntington StreetNew London, CT 06320
June 13, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- When brainstorming activities and supporting other group members, expect a commitment of 1-2 hours per month. If actively planning an event expect up to 1-2 hours per week of work with development director to execute and follow up on the event.