2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Voices for Biodiversity
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Voices for Biodiversity [ https://voicesforbiodiversity.org], a nonprofit VOLUNTEER organization, is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Recruiter/Manager. This is a virtual opportunity that can be completed from any English-speaking country, such as the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia or New Zealand. You must have reliable internet access. This position requires approximately 10 to 20 hours per month for at least one year. Preference is given to those who can commit to two years. Please send your resume and an application letter stating why you’re interested in this position and outlining your qualifications to HR@voicesforbiodiversity.org.
This VOLUNTEER Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) position offers an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference and help save biodiversity while expanding your resume and experience.
V4B is building a diverse storytelling community to save biodiversity with a mission to use storytelling to share the voices of those who otherwise would not usually be heard. Our goal is to empower, diversify and create community for those speaking out to save biodiversity and stop the Sixth Extinction. We also desire to shift humankind from an anthropocentric (human-centric) perspective to an eco-centric perspective that envisions people being embedded in nature and the environment rather than dominating and ruling over nature, the environment and other species.
- Passion for biodiversity and the environment
- Desire to be a proactive Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) member
- Ability to work independently and with a virtual team
- Professionalism - showing up, doing your job, linking with other team members and fully committing to your volunteer role
- An ability to be precise and detail-oriented
- An expansive mind and ability to creatively think outside the box, seeing connections between human behaviors, policies and philosophies and how they’ve created the mindset that’s destroying nature and bringing about the Sixth Great Extinction
- Courage to step up, speak out and work with V4B to create change
- Working with our team members who need you to recruit volunteers for them
- Researching the best virtual networks for recruiting (we also have a list of them already)
- Recruiting through those networks
- Writing up job descriptions, so you must be a good writer (though our copy editor can tighten what you write)
- Reviewing applications for volunteer positions at V4B
- Interviewing potential applicants on Zoom, Skype, telephone or other means, and then writing up your notes on the applicant’s ability to deliver IF that applicant makes the first cut after your initial interview (most will not, in our experience)
- Once you have a pool of applicants or even one perfect applicant, you will forward your notes and the applicants’ applications and resumes/CVs to the team member who asked you to recruit, who will usually (but not always) make the final decision on "hiring"
- On the first of each month, you will send out an email to all team members to collect the number of hours that they volunteered that month (please note: this often means chasing down team members who don’t reply or who have gone AWOL)
About Voices for Biodiversity
PO Box 2160, El Prado, NM 87529, US
Voices for Biodiversity's mission is to create a diverse story-sharing community to save biodiversity.
We find storytellers from around the world, gather their stories about biodiversity, and then amplify their voices by publishing the stories on our website. We also connect our storytellers with each other through our grassroots community, where they can share thoughts, ideas and resources to help save biodiversity. We also provide our storytellers and readers with the opportunity to connect with each other through our Facebook page and Facebook Group as well as our other social media platforms, including Instagram (@voicesforbiodiversity), Twitter (@V4Bio) and LinkedIn. Do you have a story to share about your relationship with nature and other species? Join the Voices for Biodiversity story-sharing community and be heard. Or help expand our community by reading our stories and sharing them with your networks. Want to help emerging storytellers where you live? Volunteer as a Guest Editor and liaise between individuals in your area and the Voices for Biodiversity team.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 2, 2022
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Assistance
- Must be at least 23
- Ten (10) - twenty (20) hours per month