Be a Program Assistant for our Caregiver Respite Program
ORGANIZATION: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
With your help, we can provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for older adults and people with memory-loss disorders. As a Program Helper, you will play an important role helping participants partake in engaging, enjoyable activities. You’ll be a friendly face socializing with them, someone to physically assist during activities, or a support for set up or clean up. There are many moving parts to our programming, and you’ll be right in the middle of it all. Join us and make a big difference in the lives of local adults and caregivers through Wilder Connect!
- Assist participants during activities and participate in the programming, especially with hands-on projects
- Help set up and cleanup activities, including moving tables, washing dishes, and more
- Foster a welcoming environment by engaging in conversation with participants
- Report any participant concerns or observations to your volunteer supervisor
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to interact with and assist people of varying backgrounds, cultures and identities, including race, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, ability, gender, etc.
- Complete a criminal background check.
- Complete a Mantoux test.
- Complete required online training about supporting adults with memory loss.
- Committed to following all COVID-19 guidelines (masks are required onsite).
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to build rapport with participants.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Able to listen and carefully follow directions.
- Contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-280-2460 for more information.
About Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
451 Lexington Parkway North, Saint Paul, MN 55104, US
To promote the social welfare of persons resident or located in the greater Saint Paul metropolitan area by all appropriate means, including:
• relief of the poor
• care of the sick and aged
• care and nurture of children
• aid of the disadvantaged and otherwise needy
• promotion of physical and mental health
• support of rehabilitation and corrections
• provision of needed housing and social services
• operation of residences and facilities for the aged, the infirm and those requiring special care
and in general the conservation of human resources by the provision of human services responsive to the welfare needs of the community, all without regard to, or discrimination on account of, nationality, sex, color, religious scruples or prejudices.
The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation is a nonprofit health and human services organization that has served the greater Saint Paul, MN area since 1906. Wilder is not a grant-making foundation, but a public charity as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Foundation operates more than 70 programs and services that help children succeed in school, older adults remain independent, troubled youth create healthy futures, and individuals and families maintain long-term housing. Wilder leadership programs work to nurture and build the skills of emerging community leaders and to renew the energy and commitment of experienced leaders. Wilder Research is one of the nation's largest nonprofit research and evaluation centers dedicated to the field of human services.
941 Lafond Ave.St Paul, MN 55104
July 1, 2022
- Elder care
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Monday through Thursday options from 1:00-4:30pm. Minimum 3-month commitment. You can volunteer weekly or bi-weekly, with an option to attend multiple days each week.