Produce Packing Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Metrocrest Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help be a hunger hero! Volunteers will help support our food pantry by bagging and processing produce items to prepare them for distribution to over 700 families in our drive-thru pantry weekly. The minimum volunteer age for this activity is 13 years old, volunteers aged 13-15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian during their shifts.
All volunteers must sign up and be on the schedule to volunteer. To view our volunteer opportunities and to sign up, please go to our website: https://metrocrestservices.org/volunteer/
- Volunteers should be comfortable with lifting, bending, and standing during the shift
- Completed bags of produce will weigh between 25-30 lbs, with individual components ranging from 10-15 lbs depending on produce selection
- 02:30 PM to 04:00 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Metrocrest Services
13801 Hutton Drive, Suite 150, Farmers Branch, TX 75234, US
The mission of Metrocrest Services is to provide programs for individuals, families and seniors that lead to self-sufficiency and preserve independence. These core values guide our day-to-day operations and long-term plans: Provide encouragement, hope, and a path to independence delivered with dignity and respect Be a rewarding place to work for individuals who are well-trained, experienced, professional and compassionate Attract and retain volunteers who are dedicated and committed to serving their neighbors in need
Metrocrest Services provides a wide range of emergency aid, financial assistance and services to support independent living for individuals, families and seniors.
We serve individuals living in:
- Farmers Branch
- the city of Dallas in Denton County
Our services include:
- Rent assistance
- Utility bill assistance
- Food Pantry
- Budgeting and Financial education
- Employment Counseling
- Senior Services (for ages 60 & over)
- Home delivered meals
- Eat Smart, Live Strong food distributions (for PAN food recipients)
- Minor home repairs
- Grab bar or wheelchair ramp installations
- Medical Aid
- Vial of Life kits
- Medical equipment loans (wheelchairs, canes, transfer benches, etc.)
- Information & referrals
- Case management
- Seasonal programs including distribution of school shoes & supplies, summer food for children, holiday food and gifts, holiday baskets for seniors
13801 Hutton Dr. # 150Farmers Branch, TX 75234
May 11, 2022
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Assembly shifts are 1.5 hours, volunteers can sign up for a shift, and frequency that fits with their lifestyles.
- Volunteers are required to cancel any shifts that they are no longer able to commit to so that we can ensure we have a sufficient number of volunteers to serve our community efficiently.