SHOW LavaLove Volunteer Opportunity
ORGANIZATION: POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
POWER(r) is hosting a Pop-Up Care event. This is a FREE statewide event and open to anyone, anywhere who needs same day assistance. We’ll provide FREE food, clothing and various types of assistance through over 30 onsite partners that day. Our goal is to begin the restorative process from the moment you enter our event.
To pull off such a huge feat as the S.H.O.W. LavaLove(r) events, there is an urgent need for volunteers. Volunteers are the core of ensuring that each of the services provided to guests are given with Radical Hospitality. Those interested in volunteering as a general volunteer: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/show-lavalove-atlantic-city-nj-tickets-289977609837?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
LavaLove(r) is a 29-foot mobile hygiene shower trailer equipped with 3 shower-sink-toilets, washing machine/dryer, and ancillary services room (medical/dental/optometry/mental health screenings) and barber/grooming room. LavaLove(r) will serve communities in need three days per week and provide over 8,000 showers per year. LavaLove(r) not only addresses those who are water-insecure, but those food-insecure providing hot meals at the trailer site, and onsite access to medical practitioners, with a mission to provide access to clean, hot water and medical services beyond traditional shelter and hospital settings. To donate to LavaLove(r) visit https://LavaLovenj.com/donate, all donations are 100% tax-deductible. POWER (People Organized Working Evolving Reaching) is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to provide assistance to low-income, minority, and underserved communities and create sustainable futures with the capacity to build and thrive, eliminating disparities in aging, education, family wellness, food-insecurity, homelessness, housing, social justice and reform. To learn more about POWER(r) visit https://powerchangeslives.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About POWER CHANGES LIVES INC
403 WELSH PL, MORRIS PLAINS, NJ 07950, US
POWER's (People Organized Working Evolving Reaching) mission is to give low-income, minority, and underserved communities the capacity to build and thrive, eliminating disparities in aging, education, finance, food insecurity, health, housing wellness, and social justice and reform.
POWER(r) has several initiatives to directly address disparities in low-income, minority, and underserved communities throughout the United States:
- Senior Connect(r): providing pre-programmed Kindle Fire 7 tablets with life-saving technology to those ages 65+ to reduce COVID-19 related deaths.
- iPlay(r): providing free instruments and virtual lessons to LIMU K-12 students.
- iLearn(r): providing free virtual tutoring and educational support to LIMU K-12 students.
- iAmArt(r): providing free art instruction and therapy to combat COVID-fatigue experienced by K-12 remote learners.
- The Crimson Project: providing free legal services for low-level offense expungement.
- Project F.E.E.D(r): Addressing food insecurity by providing USDA and pre-packaged food boxes at drive-thru and pop up food distribution sites
- Project Warmth(r): Providing free pop-up tents, clothing and toiletries to homeless clients.
- Lava Love(r): Mobile shower units providing clean water, showers clothing and barbering services to homeless clients.
1 Convention BlvdAtlantic City, NJ 08401
May 9, 2022