DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Medical Inbox Coordinator - REMOTE
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Medical Inbox Coordinator, you'll help manage the group email box for the medical team. About Dallas Pets Alive: https://dallaspetsalive.org
**TO BE CONSIDERED, please complete our Official Volunteer Application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Medical Director
Works with: Medical Leadership team and volunteers
- Respond to animal meet and greet requests with medical statuses and adoption eligibility
- Respond to event requests, approving or denying event attendance
- Route emails to the appropriate team within the medical team
- Answer basic animal care and minor medical care questions from fosters, or route to leadership team for further assistance
- File emails as addressed in appropriate location
- Upload email attachments to Shelterluv animal record
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous veterinary experience is not needed, just a willingness to learn
- Google Suite experience helpful
- Access to a laptop/desktop computer is required
- Attention to detail
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 1-3 hours per day, on an assigned day(s) of the week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 17, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- 1-3 hours per day, on an assigned day(s) of the week