Under the direction of the Marketing Director, the curatorial assistant will help the Art Program Coordinator to care for, display and organize works of art created by Abilities United program participants who have a developmental and/or other disability. The emphasis of the role is:
1. collaborate with other art oriented community groups to schedule exhibitions
2. identify new exhibition partners such as organizations, public spaces, art institutions and corporations
3. plan and organize exhibitions, draft labels, exhibition checklists, artists bios and promotional materials
4. act as an ambassador of the Art Program, educate the public about the talents of Abilities United artists.
The goal of this position is to get one exhibition every two months. This could take any number of hours but a minimum of 10 hours per month. Work must be done Monday-Friday, between 9am-6pm.
More information on the art program here: http://www.abilitiesunited.org/artprogram
- Exhibition Arts
- Visual Arts
- Program Management
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- 10 hours per month Monday-Friday between 9-6