4 people are interested
Volunteer - Auburn Community Court/Resource Center
ORGANIZATION: City of Auburn
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT AUBURN COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER
The City of Auburn Community Resource Center provides ready access to dozens of service providers that can help overcome life challenges. Services include access to treatment, housing, transportation discounts, DSHS benefits, etc. A community resource center with so many vital services available at one time, makes a significant difference for the entire community.
The City of Auburn is relying on its team of dedicated volunteers to help staff the resource center, provide valuable services to local communities, and to provide support to vendors and clients.
At the resource center, you will get the opportunity to work alongside the City of Auburn's Outreach team to assist the people of our community with obtaining general information, receiving services, or answering questions!
Because our city is so diverse, we are also looking for volunteers who are able to speak other languages - this helps us expand our clientele and allows us to reach out to more people of our community.
Navigator - Community Resource Room
- Develop a solid working knowledge of the Resource Center in Auburn (RCA) and the community services partners.
- Assign provider breakout rooms, track attendance
- Greet clients as they come in and identify which providers they need to see. Make sure they understand the need for verifying documents.
- Manage the flow of clients by tracking and directing them to available providers on a first come, first served basis
- Act as a liaison between the clients and the providers to help explain what clients are there for and what services they need
- Provide support and assistance to participants in navigating general information as necessary.
- Coordinate with providers to ensure continuity of service for participants who may need assistance.
- Demonstrate ability to interface with community agencies and providers outside the RCA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent charting/documentation skills and data collection.
- Passion for and commitment to working with underserved and indigent populations.
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse clientele, including LGBTQ individuals and those living with disabilities, serious mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Skilled in non-violent crisis intervention.
To learn more about the Inclusive Auburn initiative, please visit:https://www.auburnwa.gov/city_hall/mayor/inclusive_auburn
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Team Auburn values diverse perspectives and life experiences, and welcomes applications from people who will help us consistently demonstrate the values of equity, respect, and partnership. The department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans. Individuals interested in joining our team must be committed to racial, social, and economic equality for ALL people in our community.
The City of Auburn is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation.
01:30 PM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
6 More opportunities with City of Auburn
About City of Auburn
25 W Main St, Auburn, WA 98001, US
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION Team Auburn values diverse perspectives and life experiences, and welcomes applications from people who will help us consistently demonstrate the values of equity, respect, and partnership. The department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans. Individuals interested in joining our team must be committed to racial, social, and economic equality for ALL people in our community.
The City of Auburn believes that volunteers enhance the City's ability to maintain and improve the quality of life in the community. Auburn counts on its volunteers and upon their dedication to help provide those services that best meet the diverse needs of the community. Volunteers choose to make a difference in the community and affect many parts of the City. By taking the time to participate in our programs, volunteers influence the future of Auburn. In assisting staff with both daily tasks and new programs, volunteers enhance the levels of quality services the City of Auburn provides.
2818 Auburn Way NorthAuburn, WA 98002
March 16, 2023
- Crisis Intervention
- Data Entry
- Group Facilitation
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Thursday afternoons from 1:30pm - 3:30pm