3 people are interested
Grant Writer (remote)
ORGANIZATION: School Group
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
IT IS AN UNPAID VOLUNTEER POSITION.
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for a Grant Writer to create appealing writings that increase awareness about our organization’s work, goals, and financial needs. The Grant Writer will prepare grant proposals and work to secure monetary funds for our organization.
- To perform depth research on potential fundraising sources, grant making organizations and donors at appropriate places
- To prepare and develop effective grant proposals and reports based on need of organization’s objectives
- To have broad knowledge of organizational structure, functions and needs
- To possess essential knowledge of grant application process
- To maintain professional and cordial relation with grant coordinator
- To maintain and develop funding calendar activities
- To engage with program officers at organizations to require invitations for submission of proposals
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Min. 3-4 years’ work experience in a NGO environment; familiarity with fundraising required
- Experience in grant administration preferred
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, confidence and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, early-stage fundraising environment.
- Strong track record of successfully adjusting plans and goals based on changing the landscape of resources, opportunities, and strategy
- Computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage
- Experience/interest in global health and or international development preferred.
- Demonstrated achievements in nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated facility with computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development - improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service - and have the time, skills and know-how to match - we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To promote quality education, skills development, and improve lives around the world through cutting-edge peer e-learning technology and data-driven research.
School Group is a global non-profit research organization building a global e-learning network for classroom collaboration. We do this through artificial intelligence software that supports our mission of transforming lives by bringing together students and teachers around the world for peer-to-peer collaborative learning to improve the accessibility and quality of education.
We work with educators, schools, government agencies, corporations, non-profits, and passionate people just like you who share our vision for a brighter future.
School Group is a platform that connects schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on peer-to-peer learning. We promote collaboration and communication to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing educational landscape. For more information, please visit our website, www.schoolgroup.org.
110 Inner Campus DriveAustin, TX 78705
May 19, 2022
- Technical Writing
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- 10 hr/week