Wellness Center Aid- Hayden Village Center
ORGANIZATION: Senior Services of Southeastern VA
Please visit the new page to apply.
SSSEVA is seeking an enthusiastic, customer service minded individual who can be creative and work well on teams in a fast-paced and fun environment! Volunteer will assist staff with various wellness activities for older adults and with serving meals at a congregate meal nutrition site. We ask that volunteers commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week, 4 hours per day between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Tasks may include:
- Assists with daily activities and special programming.
- Assists with serving the congregate meal service to nutrition clients.
- Assists with preparing daily, weekly, and monthly reports to meet congregate meal programs requirements.
- Assists with the execution of and recording of quarterly fire drills.
- Checks roster of clients for congregate meals and provides reassurance calls to clients who are absent.
- Follows health, sanitary, and safety regulations at the nutrition site.
- Reports unusual events and emergencies to the appropriate individuals.
- Counts and records number of meals received.
- Takes and records temperature of meals.
- Receives and stacks food supplies.
- Receives and forwards complaints to appropriate individuals.
- Registers clients for special events.
- Performs additional tasks as required.
8 More opportunities with Senior Services of Southeastern VA1 Review
About Senior Services of Southeastern VA
2551 Eltham Avenue, Suite Q, Norfolk, VA 23513, US
Mission: To provide seniors and their caregivers with access to programs and services so they may live their lives with choice and dignity in their communities
Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is the regional organization in South Hampton Roads that supports and enriches the lives of seniors and their families through advocacy, education, information and comprehensive services. For one-third of a century, we’ve changed the lives of tens of thousands of the region’s seniors for the better. We’ve served over two million meals, contributed more than six million hours of senior volunteer services, driven seniors over 11 million miles and helped thousands of seniors live in their homes independently as an alternative to nursing home care.
680 Oak StreetFranklin, VA 23851
February 15, 2023
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We ask for 8 hours per week.