4 people are interested
Special Assistant to Secretary-General
ORGANIZATION: International Youth Federation
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide. The IYF is a part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
At the IYF, you will join a global organization dedicated to youth empowerment, with strong ethics, an international work environment, and attractive career development. Every youth is important to the IYF. We grow and develop our staff to their fullest potential. In the IYF, we provide the opportunities for the young people to advance professionally and personally through continuous training and development.
We offer a structured development programme that consists of comprehensive foundation courses for youth, as well as online training courses.
*All the vacancies are Online/Community Basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
For more information please visit www.iyfweb.orgJob Description
Vacancy No. IYF/DSM-HR/370
Special Assistant to SG
Position Title: Special Assistant
Category: FTA Local
Duration: 1 Year
Supervisor/Report to: IYF Secretary-General
Job type: Voluntary (VS) Part-Time
Deadline: 30 April 2022
The International Youth Federation is an international non-profit youth organizations network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is neutral politically, and non-denominational, aim to empower youth worldwide.
The Special Assistant to Secretary-General will be responsible for support the SG in the implementation of his multi-faceted mandate as given by the Executive Board and provide advice on all aspects of his various responsibilities. The Special Assistant provides the SG with analysis and research on the youth, women, political, social and countries situation in the world.
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of "Empowering youth for a better world" in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions and the community.
1. Supports the IYF Secretary-General in fulfilling his/her mandates
- Supports and provides the Secretary-General with insightful policy advice covering all aspects of his various responsibilities, ensures the synergies existing between the various components of the Secretary General’s mandate, and provides expertise and analysis on the political, social and economic situation and links them to key issues.
- Monitors closely priority areas directly relevant to the Secretary-General mandate and gathers advice and information for defining key strategic priorities. In specific cases and as needed, the Special Assistant is directly responsible for following specific issues on behalf of the Secretary-General and in close collaboration with the concerned department, section or agency. Regular reporting to the Secretary-General should be provided as needed.
- Coordinates activities emanating from the Executive Office and assists in all aspects relating to his/her responsibilities as Special Assistant.
- More specifically, supports the SG in his meetings with Senior Officials, and in the follow up of issues relating to the IYF programmes. In close coordination with the IYF Regional Directors and Representatives ensuring that the information on the programme delivery is up to date on a regular basis and that operational benchmarks have been met.
- Drafts speaking notes, organize briefing packs and prepares presentation material for the Secretary-General. Critically analyses briefs for the SG and ensures that they are substantively accurate and reflective of the SG’s position.
2. Supports the Communication and Information Flow within the Executive Office
- Ensures close follow up on the activities of the Executive Office and supports the SG and the Head of Office in defining the Office’s key tasks and priorities.
- Actively contributes and seeks to ensure the flow of information and communications between the Executive Office and other departments/administrations/units of the IYF, and facilitates the creation of synergies amongst the staff members.
- Actively engages with the Executive Office staff to acquire information on substantive project developments and implementation, as and when required.
- Assists in preparing regular meetings of the Executive Office, monitors implementation of decisions taken and ensures follow up.
3. Supports the Communication and Information Flow from the SG’s To the IYF System and the International Partners
- Supports coordination mechanisms as required within International agencies.
- Supports the communication and information flow of the IYF system. Prepares regular reports related to the work and operations of the IYF and liaises with the Press Officers in drafting of press releases and speeches; facilitates the liaising with staff and partners within and outside the IYF.
- Coordinates the preparation of strategic outputs to corporate units/divisions in collaboration with concerned agencies in presenting a consolidated substantive/policy approach when issues are cross-cutting in liaison with senior government officials and international partners.
- Disseminates information on the programme activities of the SG, liaises with the Senior Management Team (SMT) or other relevant departments to the SG’s mandate, and supports the latter in key meetings including preparing reports and ensuring follow up.
- Liaises with the IYF staff, partners and counterparts within and beyond the IYF to ensure appropriate follow up on priority actions; and undertakes research on cross-cutting issues for which the SG is required to take a position.
4. Coordinates and Manages Activities of the Executive Office
- Organizes and coordinates with the Executive Assistant and concerned members of the Executive Office.
- In consultation with members of the Executive Office, channels all important issues and requests for the SG’s attention.
- Any other official duties and special assignments which may be required by the SG.
Lead (Level-3)Leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act as a team towards achieving a common goal.
Design (Level-3)Ability to recognize what changes are required and create a path for improvement using existing knowledge, problem solving skills, creativity and original ways of working.
Empower (Level-3) Empowerment is a practice of giving team members skills, authority, opportunity and motivation so that they can take initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve performance.
Mobilize (Level-3)Ability to identify resources and activities that individuals and organizations will undertake to support the IYF’s strategic goals and objectives. Engage and influence appropriate donors by building win-win relationships.
Inspire (Level-3)Inspiration and lead by example is about energizing and creating a sense of direction and purpose in others, unlocking motivation and momentum for positive change.
- Ability to assist in strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to assist in corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
- Highly interested in youth empowerment, youth issues.
Skills Required For Position
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
Experience and results preferred in youth empowerment role, development, management, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations, or another relevant field.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Working Modality: Working will be voluntary-based, part-time with frequent visit to the Office.
About International Youth Federation
International House 24 Holborn, London, London EC1A 2BN, GB
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of "Empowering youth for a better world" in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
The IYF is a global youth network, an organization advocating for youth empowerment and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help young people build a better future. IYF works to empower youth in line with 2030 Global Goals Agenda, to create a sustainable world for all young people through education, advocacy, and the promotion of respect and compassion.
We inform, engage, and mobilize new audiences to take action and raise funds that support sustainable development programs for youth around the world.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 6, 2022
- Office Management
- Public Relations
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (6-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment