2 people are interested
Regional Director, Europe
ORGANIZATION: International Youth Federation
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Fédération Internationale de la Jeunesse in English International Youth Federation (IYF), is an international non-profit youth organization network governed by the present Statutes and the Swiss Civil Code. It is politically neutral, and non-denominational, aiming to empower youth worldwide.
The IYF is a global youth network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to empower young people across the world. IYF works in over 50 countries and territories, helping to achieve youth empowerment and improve the status of youth.
Does making a difference motivate you? Do you want to be part of the global youth movement? Are you passionate about youth empowerment? Are you driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of the young people? If you think you embody these values then you can apply to join us through the available vacancies listed below.
*All the vacancies are Remote/Community-basis and does not require travel, Kindly note that all the advertised jobs on this page are on a VOLUNTARY basis.
Position Title: Regional Director, Europe
Category: FTA International
Duration: Two Years (Renewable)
Department: IYF Bureau of Representational Affairs
Supervisor/Report to: Secretary-General
Job type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-Time
Deadline: 30 April 2021
The IYF Regional Director (RD) is a senior member of the International Youth Federation will serve as a senior official for IYF in one of the five regions. The Regional Director provides leadership to IYF Representatives in the region. The primary responsibility of the Regional Director is to ensure successful engagement of the Country Teams in the region with the IYF global strategies, missions, and vision. She/he is a member of IYF’s Executive Board and contributes to shaping and monitoring overall corporate strategic directions of the IYF interventions in the region.
(A) Managing the IYF Regional Administration in the assigned region IYF:
- Providing overall leadership and shaping strategic thinking for IYF’s engagement in the region;
- Identifying existing and emerging youth empowerment challenges and priorities in the region, and defining the strategic programming priorities at the regional and country and implementing measures to improve the quality and effectiveness of programmes;
- Assist the IYF Headquarters in the implementation of corporate strategies and support resource mobilization and delivery efforts;
- Provide guidance to the IYF Representatives, including playing a facilitating role with host governments, donors and counterparts as needed; and
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships for IYF in the region, with a focus on knowledge sharing, joint activities and resource mobilization and representing IYF, as required, in high-level events and fora relating to the region.
(B) Advocacy, Leadership and Representation:
- Lead and direct the Regional Administration (RA) staff members, and ensure the proper functioning of the RA in the region;
- Lead RA’s effort in Representatives’ nomination, selections, and appointments;
- Assist the Representatives in establishing IYF Country Teams (IYFCT) which comprises National Volunteer Officers (communications, youth, sport, and women) that are responsible for facilitation of IYF activities at national level;
- Communicate and advocate on behalf of the IYF at the regional level and create new opportunities to improve the situation of young people and women through relationships and networks with regional partners;
- Represent the IYF in the region and establish and maintain the highest level of contacts and effective relationships with regional partners, including national partners, intergovernmental organizations, international financial institutions, NGOs and civil society;
- Providing intellectual guidance for region-specific knowledge products; and
- As Director of the Regional Administration, exercise leadership to manage the decision-making process for the region on policies, strategies, and human and financial resources allocations, monitoring implementation and evaluation of regional results and lessons learned.
(C) Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Monitor progress, effectiveness and relevance of the IYF country programmes within the region with a view to improving country programme performance;
- Keep the IYF Headquarters well informed of any significant organizational issues such as emergencies, conflicts, developments and/or resolutions in the region that affect IYF’s intervention/programmes of cooperation;
- Regularly conduct performance evaluations of IYF Representatives in the region in order to ensure the achievement of performance objectives and provide feedback to performances or work plans; and
- Oversee Representatives ensure the protection of organization's assets, financial resources and condition of services including staff security in the region, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Organization.
(D) Regional Coordination Duties:
- Develop and expand IYF Member Countries in the Region both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Assist IYF Representatives with engaging in fundraising activities, through strategic partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives;
- Liaison with donors - In close coordination with the Representatives to develop proposals and secure funding to ensure ongoing IYF functions;
- Generate sponsorship and other income to meet or exceed budget targets; and
- Managing a programme of high-quality events for IYF members across the region on a break-even or better basis.
(E) Communications Duties:
- Maintain active communication among IYF Representatives and other interested agencies at regional level;
- Act as a Regional Focal Point for Members by responding to inquiries, welcoming new Staff Members, general liaison, and personal contact;
- Promote continuous improvements in quality of IYF activities and communications;
- Report youth achievements, success stories, youth progressing and related news at the regional level to HQ press;
- In collaboration with the Representatives in the region, create and manage a Regional PR strategy promoting the IYF, including media interviews, production of articles for press/media and the oversee the regional thematic newsletter;
- Provide annual report about IYF region activities, stats, member organizations.
- Lead (Level-3)Leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act as a team towards achieving a common goal.
- Design (Level-3)Ability to recognize what changes are required and create a path for improvement using existing knowledge, problem solving skills, creativity and original ways of working.
- Empower (Level-3) Empowerment is a practice of giving team members skills, authority, opportunity and motivation so that they can take initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve performance.
- Mobilize (Level-3)Ability to identify resources and activities that individuals and organizations will undertake to support the IYF’s strategic goals and objectives. Engage and influence appropriate donors by building win-win relationships.
- Inspire (Level-3)Inspiration and lead by example is about energizing and creating a sense of direction and purpose in others, unlocking motivation and momentum for positive change.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
- Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
- Be a citizen of one of the region countries (Europe).
- Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
Skills Required for Position
Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
Experience and results preferred at national or international level in youth empowerment role, management, coordination, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (6-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment
About International Youth Federation
International House 24 Holborn, London, London EC1A 2BN, GB
To voluntarily represent, positively promote, and uphold the mission of "Empowering youth for a better world" in various programs and opportunities throughout the IYF interventions across member countries.
The IYF is a global youth network, an organization advocating for youth empowerment and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help young people build a better future. IYF works to empower youth in line with 2030 Global Goals Agenda, to create a sustainable world for all young people through education, advocacy, and the promotion of respect and compassion.
We inform, engage, and mobilize new audiences to take action and raise funds that support sustainable development programs for youth around the world.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 6, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (6-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment