If you enjoy interacting with people and supporting them along their healthcare journey - this is the volunteer opportunity for you.
Patient and Family Support - Provide support to patients and their families though companionship, errand running, respite, transportation and other special activities. Volunteers can choose to visit patients in their home, assisted living or nursing home facility or in-patient care centers.
Volunteer a few hours a week or a couple hours a month, flexible scheduling is available. No experience or medial background necessary; training and background screening provided at no cost. Training offered at different locations and dates.
Volunteer Orientation is a four-hour training session for individuals interested in learning more about Empath Health’s volunteer opportunities.
Patient/Family Support Training consists of 12 hours of training for individuals interested in providing caring support to Suncoast Hospice patients and families. Empath Health Volunteer Orientation is a prerequisite.
To register for class and verify locations: Please call Volunteer Registration at 727-523-3440. Registration ends 3 business days before the start of training.
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Varies according to assignment; flexible.
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Empath Health Teen Volunteer
- Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Telephone Support Volunteer
- Suncoast PACE (Program of...
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Empath Health Volunteers Needed...