DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: LifeSmart Education
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Who We Are
LifeSmart Education is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that enhances the availability of nontraditional educational classes and resources for underserved youth and communities. We help those who need unwavering, positive life management skills. Youth aren't born knowing the life skills that we wish they did; they must be taught and molded into productive members of society. At LifeSmart Education, we teach youth how to be socially and emotionally successful, and enable them to achieve their highest potential as law-abiding global citizens.
Why volunteer with LifeSmart Education?
As an instructor, in addition to gaining teaching experience, you have the chance to make a difference in a child’s life by helping at-risk youth and communities through transformative education. Our programs empower youths to be the architects of their own lives.
We are looking for passionate educators to join us as instructors for each of our programs; Financial Literacy and the Life Skills series (Life Finance, Life Tech, and Life Social).
For Financial Literacy we are looking for instructors to teach a course in the fundamentals of financial planning. The course is intended to prepare students to make informed choices related to opening a bank account, budgeting, spending, saving, borrowing and investing. Teaching experience is not necessary, but helpful. Students are typically high school aged.
For the Life Skills Series we are looking for instructors from ages Pre-K through high school. These programs are constructed around the evidence-based Arise learning program. More information on these programs can be found here.
The Financial literacy programs are arranged at the convenience and schedule of our partner schools and agencies and vary on a case by case basis.
The Life Skills series programs are 5-6 weeks in duration and run periodically throughout the year.
Currently, we are also running a twelve week program from June through August which requires evening hours for our partnership with Riverview school.
All programs require travel within the Columbus, OH area with a time commitment of 1-5 hours a week. This position is a minimum of six months with the option to continue longer.
- Assist in lesson plan creation
- Record and report student performance.
- Adapts and reassesses lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, and to update relevant information and include new developments in education
- Ensures the gathering of data, i.e., student attendance, tests and classroom instruction notes
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students
- Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students
- Communicates with any and all other staff members who engage with students
- Communicates with parents when needed on behalf of LifeSmart Education
- Maintains order and discipline among students while promoting safety and compliance with partner schools’ rules and guidelines
- Attends occasional continuing education seminars
- Attends and takes part in school meetings on curriculum, organization, and guidelines as warranted
- Proficient in the use of technology; Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, LMS experience preferred
- Able to set up a projector and laptop or willingness and ability to learn
- 1+ years of education experience
- Lesson planning
- Curriculum building
- Extensive knowledge of relevant teaching subject area
- Flexible and adaptable teaching practices
- Patience and empathy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building
- 1+ years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Willing to submit to a background check
About LifeSmart Education
P.O. Box 1325, Grove City, OH 43123, US
Helping underserved populations with a transformative education that empowers, motivates, and encourages them to become productive,law-abiding, global citizens.
Diversity has been an area of concern in international education for many years, Global Diversity Abroad, our sister company, mission is to present the opportunity for historically over-looked high school students with the possibility to learn on an international platform. This program is specially designed to meet the needs of minority and at-risk youth, guiding them through a course of study that will expose them to drastic life changing experiences abroad.
Our goal is to formulate a preventative social mindset where students are exposed to new ideas, build positive relationships, develop confidence and experience new challenges. This is our model to empower young people to be globally-minded individuals by transforming their lives.
3989 BroadwayGrove City, OH 43123
May 12, 2022
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Background Check