Art/ STEAM Machine Docent
ORGANIZATION: DISCOVERY STATION AT HAGERSTOWN INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who love children and want to help them discover the joy of STEAM! Docents serve as a host in the exhibit, creating a welcoming atmosphere and actively engaging children in the various activities. Enrich and educate visitors on STEAM principles through demonstration, hands on play, and conversation. Our STEAM Machine exhibit has painting easels, a chalkboard wall, blocks, and a wide variety of craft supplies for children to create whatever they can imagine. Volunteers should be motivated to maintain a working knowledge of the exhibit and willing to adjust their approach based on age level and background.
- Help children use problem solving to achieve their vision
- Assist visitors in distribution of art supplies
- Guide children through activities or provide inspiration when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of Art Room and other exhibits as assigned
- Ensure craft supplies are stocked and organized
- Positive attitude and Friendly Disposition
- Ability to provide excellent Customer Service
- Loves working with children
- Comfortable initiating conversation with visitors and sharing information
- Familiar with basic art principles and craft supplies
- Experience teaching, or Art/ STEM background preferred but not required
- Free annual membership to Discovery Station that is reciprocated at 380+ other Science Centers and Science Museums
- 10% off Treasure Gift Shop Purchases
- 10% off Birthday Party Rentals.
About DISCOVERY STATION AT HAGERSTOWN INC
101 W WASHINGTON ST, HAGERSTOWN, MD 21740, US
To be the premier children’s museum in the tri-state area.
Discovery Station at Hagerstown, Inc. is a hands-on museum that provides life-long learning experiences to thousands of children and families each year. We create an environment that stimulates curiosity for discovery, exploration, and further investigation through exhibits and programs that focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) principles
101 W. Washington StreetHagerstown, MD 21740
March 31, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Visual Arts
- Child Development
- People Skills